Questionable Bloomberg news policy?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Cutten, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Cutten

Cutten

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080908/bs_nm/ual_dc

Notice the last sentence: "A Bloomberg spokesperson said that since the story was not written by Bloomberg, it was not edited by Bloomberg editors."

So Bloomberg have admitted they post, as news, stories written by 3rd parties - without any fact-checking, source verification, or other principles of accurate reporting.

Doesn't this call into question the integrity of Bloomberg's news service? If any Tom, Dick or Harry working for a 3rd party with Bloomberg access can just post up whatever rubbish he finds searching on google (lol), and Bloomberg will faithfully reproduce it as "news" on the headline service, doesn't this make their headlines a complete joke?

2. dhpar

dhpar

if you only repost the article you can not edit it! you would be accused of plagiarism...

the real edit in this particular case is in essence that bloomberg selected the article and posted it on their newswire service.

3. there are 1000's of stories that come accross all day. and you cant fact check everything. i assume bloomberg trusts tribune company. but would dig further into a story writting my me