question

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by stock_trad3r, Jul 29, 2009.

1. how much volume would be required for the DJIA to fall to 8000 in a period of n days?

What is the probability of a 2% breakout within a 1 one day time frame on the SPY?

What happens when two price volume trend vectors intersect? What is the resulting 3rd vector?

Why is white candle support generally hard to break?

the answers to these question and more can be found using the energy level theorem

the generalized energy level equation for a function of a stock P(x), volume v(x), and average slope through a duration of time t0 t1 :
    [​IMG]

The price and time of the stock must be rescaled to fit a 1x1 square.

2. I prefer to just look at the charts as I was never that good at maths.

3. Mav88

Mav88

I guess stock trad3r's genius is singular. Stock baby you'll just have to make all that money by yourself, nobody can grasp your equations.

4. You can't really make money with the eduations. They represent a mathematical model based on empirical evidence of the price volume trends for indexes and stocks.

Why did the stock market rebound in a 'V' shape for the past few months? The answer lies in the equations, specifically regarding volume.

5. I realized afew days ago yuo need to take the slope of a a semi log graph, which is similar to black scholes equations with regard to logarithms.

http://www.boomer.org/c/php/pk0202a.php

I will have the complete formula up whether I feel like it

It tells you the probability of a stock going up /down x percent in a time period 'n' using several variables such as volume.

Salient point: as a stock or index trades though time t0 though t1 it gains/loses energy. This emery is a function of price, slope, and volume.

I have done extensive of mathematics with regards to complex analysis (hypergeometric unction, gamma function, infinite series, elliptic integrals) and wrote a few actual papers.

6. Besides having trading value, your papers could have pharmaceutical value as a cure for insomnia. :cool:

7. While I can appreciate trying to derive these equations and make them speak, <i>I can tell you the market isn't going to 50,000 in the next three years.</i>

8. Besides not explaining what you get if you take the trouble to compute E, or how to use it, your formula has us adding "2" which is dimensionless to time, which has dimension. This means I can make E anything I want, from which I infer it is useless.

9. qftw. :D