Question to WTS traders.

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by saico, Jan 14, 2009.

1. saico

saico

Yes thats true.

#41     Feb 18, 2009
  2. IluvVol

IluvVol

...WELL THERE YOU GO. Do the math, this setup is a great deal for them!!! I mean they get USD 1500 for the training plus $200 desk fee outright, meaning they can let a trader get stopped out more than 8 times before they even start losing their own capital, enough to cut someone off...not a huge risk given they even have a chance to cherry pick and screen CVs....

Also, why is someone asking whether you can trade futures (unless the person asked is not a newbie)? Nobody would ever consider trading futures with USD 200 daily limits. LOL

I dont know anything about the firm, so, not other comments...but looks pretty obvious that this is not the worst of a deal to them either...;-)

#42     Feb 18, 2009
  3. I just don't get how the other posted who outlined all the details can leave out the $1500.

Thanks for the replies

#43     Feb 18, 2009
  4. The $1500 training fee is optional but highly recommended. Experienced traders don't have to go through the training. The training really focuses on their style of trading that involves dark liquidity pool rebate trading.

#44     Feb 18, 2009
  5. How do you get rebates from dark pools, doesnt every dark pool charge both sides?

#45     Feb 18, 2009
  6. tells

tells

Yea. I think I completely forgot about that... sorry for the mix up.

I tried to give the best synopsis I could since most other threads didn't aggregate all the info for other prop firms in one post.

To be clear, i don't work for them (yet) and am just trying to save up some money so I can weather a few dry months. I appreciate the collegial responses to my post. I don't know how I forgot about the $1500 myself.

#46     Feb 18, 2009
  7. You don't get rebates from the dark pools, but there are special ECN routing algorithms that enable you to piggy back off the dark pools and make fractions of a cent better than the inside market. ECN rebates make your transaction costs next to nothing so you can benefit from this type of low risk trading. I haven't taken the training class but there are many profitable traders that use these methods at WTS. This type of trading is pretty boring to me since you have to work with penny stocks all day long so I'm not really into it.

#47     Feb 19, 2009
  8. Can you even call this trading....:confused:

#48     Feb 19, 2009
  9. Hey, it pays the bills for many people. The bank doesn't discriminate where the funds came from!:D

#49     Feb 19, 2009
  10. Hi Tells,

Can you check your PM box?

Thanks

#50     Feb 19, 2009