Question to profitable automated traders

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by n00b7r4d3r, Jun 21, 2007.

1. Cy_M

Cy_M

Autotrade systems can be brut forced as indicated above or much better yet be created around logic as mentioned above, or at least to understand the logic of the brut forced system after it reveals a winning combination otherwise, improving the system would lag greatly and soon fall short in changing conditions.
    As to what is required, Math, Statistics, High level of programming, very high inteligence and a genius in creativity and lastly 18 hours a day x 7 days a week. Ahhh, almost forgot, staying power.

#11     Jun 23, 2007
  2. mark1

mark1 Guest

Jesus Christ, that thing costs $60.000 :eek:

#12     Jun 23, 2007
  3. Just don't let any of them take you to one of those eastern european youth hostel type places.:(

#13     Jun 23, 2007
  4. Saw that. But couldn't find the little boxes where I could enter in my VISA number to order.

#14     Jun 23, 2007
  5. mde2004

mde2004

paid in 60 for that. :)

#15     Jun 23, 2007
  6. dhpar

dhpar

why do they sell it if it is so good?

#16     Jun 23, 2007
  7. 60 grand is nothing

the big IB's are spending millions upon millions to develop algos to compete with "daytraders", funds, the market, etc

look at any trading desk now...no more humans..they have been converted to cubicles to house MIT PHD's to just test and test programs

plus... if this thing really works..which i have no idea.... 60k u should make back relatively quickly

but i know that if you have a program...its not enought ot backtest..its FULL TIME work to make sure systesms work, feeds dont get changed, algo remains profitable, tweaking, etc etc

its def the future though

#17     Jun 23, 2007
  8. 60 grand is nothing

the big IB's are spending millions upon millions to develop algos to compete with "daytraders", funds, the market, etc

look at any trading desk now...no more humans..they have been converted to cubicles to house MIT PHD's to just test and test programs

plus... if this thing really works..which i have no idea.... 60k u should make back relatively quickly

but i know that if you have a program...its not enought ot backtest..its FULL TIME work to make sure systesms work, feeds dont get changed, algo remains profitable, tweaking, etc etc

its def the future though and the prestent for that matter

#18     Jun 23, 2007
  9. sorry..my spelling sucks...

#19     Jun 23, 2007
  10. just thought id bump this thread id be happy to read any more replys

#20     Jul 2, 2007