Question to options traders

Discussion in 'Options' started by Ates, May 20, 2019.

1. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

We only wore ties in November - because, you know, you had to pretend you were interviewing elsewhere.

#61     Jul 17, 2019
  2. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

From his website: No JPMorgan

About - With the advent of micro-computers in the late 1970's, Brown determined computers could benefit him in his commodity trading and began a prolific career as a computer programmer and researcher developing scores of original trading models and methodologies. This research and development was conducted utilizing privately owned super computers and proprietary programming languages. Mark's works such as the Oddball System have been disclosed in books, magazines, various forms of electronic media and speaking engagements.

Read a true story : In pursuit of the Holy Grail.

• Smith Barney - automated proprietary trading system developer at Smith Barney.
    • Rainbow Trading Partners - automated trading system developer and trader of proprietary accounts for Stan Finney.
    • Regal Asset Management - Ned Davis trained Tel language programmer using Technalyzer platform to exhaustively develop, test and implement automated trading algorithms. This 19-year-old firm returned $300 million to investors after partners Howard Rachofsky and Beau Purvis retired. Stan Finney also co-owner of Regal went on to open SpyGlass Trading.
    • SpyGlass Trading registered broker dealer - automated trading system developer and trader of personal and proprietary accounts for Stan Finney.
    • ABN AMRO- technical consultant for maintenance and upkeep of hardware and software data server farm for SpyGlass Trading.
    • Computer Investment Research - registered under the Commodity Exchange Act as a principle.
    • Hargrave Financial Group - leases trading programs from CIR firm was also a member of the National Futures Association.
    • TraderWare - partner and technical guidance consultant for retail trading platform.
    • Chicago Board of Trade - licensed vendor of the Market Profile Indicator for the CBOT and accepted member applicant.
    • Past registered principle and technical trading advisor for the following firms, Futures Programs, Inc., Brown & Parker, Odd Dog Systems, Cabrio Capital Management.
    Current

• International fund advisor, individual trader, technical consultant and patron of TradeVec platform.

#62     Jul 17, 2019
  3. destriero

destriero

One page of code on a Cray T90? This dude lives in a $250K crib with a 90s-era Cray T90 in his garage.

OK so say you’re operating a $35MM Cray SC... you think that one page of code is going to stress that thing? I mean has this dude ever written a line of code in his life?

#63     Jul 17, 2019
  4. ironchef

ironchef

Very impressive resume, even if somewhat embellished. :thumbsup:

I am amused by the statement that someone could conduct research using private supercomputers back in the 1970s!!! I don't recall there were any privately owned Cray 1 or CDC7600 then. :wtf:

#64     Jul 18, 2019
  5. You

You

I hear you. It's not for everyone. Unfortunately, or fortunately, I've refined my craft to where it's not too "noisy" at all. Each week my win % gets better and better. I prefer to improve my win % over time, before venturing out and trying other strategies.

I look forward to learning successful strategies that span over days, instead of requiring me to literally watch each 1m candle. Each time I've tried, I tried to scale up how I look at the charts, but it doesn't work. It will take some time for me, but I prefer to focus on <3 days for now and get better with it, build capital, then venture.

#65     Jul 18, 2019
    ironchef likes this.
  6. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

if you know what your doing with options trade flex options because you don't have to wait a month to trade 3 days out. every 3 days you can flip positions so doing about 7 times the trades in a month that you would normally do 1 trade.

#66     Jul 18, 2019
  7. You

You

This is why I only trade options on SPY.
    Regardless, I definitely have to check out these flex options!
    Thank you always for your suggestions and tips.

#67     Jul 25, 2019
  8. Overnight

Overnight

Folks, look at the insanity options causes in peoples' minds. Options are the dark side. Futures are the light side.

(FOP are somewhere in the middle. But they are crazy, mostly).

#68     Jul 25, 2019