Question to options traders

Discussion in 'Options' started by Ates, May 20, 2019.

1. Amahrix

Amahrix

Long tail options are not comparable to lotto tickets. Lottery tickets have 1) known odds 2) known payoffs; long options & naked options do not possess these two characteristics... this is non-comparable.

Lottery-ticket fallacy: the naive analogy equating an investment in collecting positive black swans to the accumulation of lottery tickets. Lottery tickets are not scalable.

Makes sense? The two are NON COMPARABLE, they possess different characteristics & properties.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
    #31     Jul 15, 2019
  2. Amahrix

Amahrix

You don't hear about the losers in option selling business... survivorship bias.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
    #32     Jul 15, 2019
  3. Wheezooo

Wheezooo

You are wasting your time even replying to him. The dudes everything I would warn people against.

#33     Jul 15, 2019
    destriero likes this.
  4. Amahrix

Amahrix

Attempting to protect those who pass by. Convincing him isn’t the goal. I feel rude and guilty talking and calling out but I must because his advice has major consequences to those who listen to it.

#34     Jul 15, 2019
  5. ironchef

ironchef

Thank you for caring about us newbies. :)

#35     Jul 15, 2019
  6. ironchef

ironchef

He said he used to make millions trading. Like many posters here, some of his posts made sense but some didn't.

#36     Jul 15, 2019
  7. Baozi

Baozi

I would say there is nothing inherently bad in selling premium, however one must first know the associated risks.. on top of that, I'd rather short a straddle or a narrow strangle rather than the far away wings

#37     Jul 16, 2019
    Bum likes this.
  8. ironchef

ironchef

Why?

#38     Jul 16, 2019
  9. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

if you sell prem like a pro you'd know. but since other novices rather bad mouth what you don't understand, i will waste my time and state - it has to do with the premium.

amateurs who drive go karts would suggest to indy racers to use regular unleaded gas rather than expensive racing fuel because it's dangerous.

if you didn't understand that - how about if your going to be a robber why rob a kid's lemonade stand.

if you're going to sell options might as well make the big bucks and sell them close where you collect the most premium.

#39     Jul 16, 2019
  10. destriero

destriero

The dude is broke and living on his wife's SS. Please don't feed the trolls.

#40     Jul 17, 2019
    Wheezooo likes this.