Question to moderators

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Cutten, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Those threads are welcome in the Politics and Religion forum. Outside of that forum there will be gnashing of teeth. Btw, the Dow will trade at 100,000 in 45 years.

Jesus:D

#11     Jul 1, 2008
  2. Tums

Tums

The mod has not delete your phishing thread. Are they protecting you?

#12     Jul 1, 2008
  3. Pabst you must be smoking some chronic tonite. Here, read these words of wisdom about how you are being hoodwinked:

Was this worth reading Pabst?

And here are more pearls of wisdom:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1695351&highlight=bragging#post1695351

Cutten says: "Now that's just bragging. Wrong as well, other people on here have done better than 5/6 and have done much better than 10% or lower profits."

Accroding to cutten, it's no big deal if you go 5 for 6 making winning trades on high capitalization stocks posted on your journal. All trades made BEFORE the fact. Despite the fact i've never seen anyone replicate what I did on your journal, cutten calls it no big deal. More pearls of wisdom from the lonely stalker cutten..

#13     Jul 1, 2008
  4. I completely disagree with you. Cutten's posts are among the more informative here.

And since you reference him 16 times in 95 posts, you seem to have an unhealthy and unnatural fixation in Cutten. Find a girl and get satisfied.

Sorry

#14     Jul 1, 2008
  5. schlap

schlap Guest

Ahhhh come over to the dark side my young apprentice :p

#15     Jul 1, 2008
  6. I see your zeal and energy and its great, but on these points I am going to have to respectfully disagree with the move Ivanovich. I know your the new guy come to help sort of the zoo that is the "trading" forum, but the following examples are more trading related then "chit- chat" related.

Using past precedence of my moderating style for the last few years in the "trading" forum, look to have a heavy hand on [deliberate] detractors, and a supportive one on any [contribution] to the community no matter how small. Its amazing how these discussions can blossom out of a void of a random market related comments when some intellects come out to play.

I wouldn't even move a thread titled just "oil" or "gold" before I let a few posters post to see what direction the content was going.

There are certainly higher priority targets to go after than Cutten and his quotes.

#16     Jul 2, 2008
  7. Reference him? Liar. I RESPOND to his constant stalking of me. That's not a reference piker, it is a response.

If you have to lie to make a point, that point is worthless.

#17     Jul 2, 2008
  8. Well, chaos - since we're both mods, it probably would have been better and more respectful to PM me that so we could discuss it in private. But since you've decided just to discuss it in front of everyone...

I didn't target Cutten, nor do I have anything against him. I've gotten a lot of PMs praising my moderation as of late in trying to "Clean up" a forum that has, in the past, been generally useless because of all the noise. Lots of people claim that the old way the forum was just to let people have at one another.

So maybe someone new with a fresh mindset was needed, eh?

Regardless, I do not move anything that has to do with trading. But a quote, however eloquent, was more of a psychology or chit-chat conversation. Again, nothing against Cutten personally. I don't know why he got so upset, it's not THAT big a deal.

Lastly, if Joe or Baron wishes for me to back off completely and return to the old "wild west", it sure would save me more time. But I was operating under the impression this was a professional site. And usually, professional sites tend to be moderated pretty heavily. Additionally, and this is just my 2 cents, moderators who disagree with each other's style should have those discussions in private.

#18     Jul 2, 2008
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

First, I have no particular opinion on the specific threads moved to CC that precipitated this thread.

I also have nothing personal against ChaosNSX.

I do, in general, agree with Ivanovich's
    more active moderation style.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=87304

The above thread is, for reasons known only to him, frequently ignored by the mod that posted it. Meaning it's largely just taking up space. In my opinion (not that it's worth much) there are WAY too many threads started in the Trading forum that have absolutely nothing to do with trading and I personally welcome any efforts to "encourage" members to post in the appropriate forums. Even though obviously there will be from time to time differences of opinion as to what belongs where.

And Ivan's right, the mods should have discussed this between them selves through PM's.

#19     Jul 2, 2008
  10. schlap

schlap Guest

What's brown and black and looks good on a moderator?

A doberman!

#20     Jul 2, 2008