Question on trading E-mini

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by savage, Apr 6, 2002.

1. the market sucks today , I was in the room it's best to post your trades there I am done here. Not a very bad entry, guess you are just out of luck.

#51     Apr 9, 2002
  2. savage

savage

stopped out at 1122.25

Stupid trade against the long-term trend. This market is so bearish right now I don't know if it makes sense to trade long at all. :mad:

#52     Apr 9, 2002
  3. savage

savage

long at 1120....strong support...target 1121.5
    I guess i'm asking for it

#53     Apr 9, 2002
  4. forget it whatayya doin? it's going straight down the toilet, never stand in front of a freight train with the eminis... Lots of traders probably got caught trying to catch a reversal here and they are getting killed and have to exit.

#54     Apr 9, 2002
  5. savage

savage

out at 1122 for 2 pt gain!!!

#55     Apr 9, 2002
  6. savage

savage

sell short at 1122.25

#56     Apr 9, 2002
  7. didn't hit 1122 yet...
    I understand you are a funny guy or maybe it's your price feed lol

#57     Apr 9, 2002
  8. savage

savage

stopped at 1123 for .75 loss

i'm paper trading off the SPY b/c my feed from IB doesn't start till tomorrow when i'll start on the ES. Very strong support at 1120. Check out the lows for the past week.

#58     Apr 9, 2002
  9. nkhoi

nkhoi

go to paltalk, click business and investment catagory, look for
    -es{Woodie}nq room, live trade free of course.

#59     Apr 9, 2002
  10. savage

savage

** savage,

nice chart, what software?
    anyway did you seriously think about placing a trade there? I hate to trade this time of day, you can see that you could have been chopped up several times in this last hour broadening formation that had a 4 point range. I think the 1st hour is better because the moves are faster, you are right or wrong immediately. As for a one point daily objective , it's not that easy even ONE point. The difference with the SPY is the leverage, each little wiggle can really be painful to watch when you have a position in ES, so you enter the 5'trend on a nice pullback and two minutes later youre down 1.5 point oops! what do you do you? do you just wait? I think that once you know to enter before the obvious has been seen by everybody, you can almost always get out of a bad trade even or up a few tick if you just wait but it can be nervewracking depending on your size I guess. But you can get there only with experience **

Sorry, I didn't answer your question earlier. The chart is from FutureSource. (www.futuresource.com) I think the new CME package offers their charts with the Globex quotes.

#60     Apr 9, 2002