Question on Traders Challenges

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by pierson, May 5, 2004.

1. pierson

pierson

I have always wanted to participate in a traders challenge like the Robbins World Cup. I've always thought it would be a fun experience but the only firms i can find that do this charge between $20-$40 per contract to make a trade.
    Being a short term trader this adds up to quite a bit of cash over the course of a year. If i pay the low side of $20 per trade that is still over $14 per contract more than i pay now, if i only make 30 trades per month on 20 contracts per trade that is at least $100k more than i am paying now per year.
    This definitely gives me a new respect for people who have won these competitions knowing the disadvantage that they overcame paying these rates but i would like to participate in one that has a reasonable commission schedule (around $6 per round turn or less with higher volume).
    If anyone has any information that would be helpful i would really appreciate it.
    I'm aware some of you might think this is a worthless pursuit and it is noted, but it is something that i would like to do. So please only post information that is relevant and helpful to this question.
    Thanks Again,
    Pierson

2. the thinking seems to be that this 100k gets you the advertisement of participation