Question on StrataSearch?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by OpenSource, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Has anyone used StrataSearch? What are your thoughts?

I currently use Amibroker and Metastock and am thinking about buying this software mostly for its claimed ability to mix and match various indicators.

Thanks.

2. l2tradr

l2tradr

It looks like a nice curve-fitting software.

3. taowave

taowave

I have Amibroker and Stratasearch as well,and use both with Quotes Plus.StrataSearch is an excellent program,and there are many safeguards against "curvefitting".There are full blown walk foward analysis,dynamic strategies as well as Monte carlo simulations..

What I like most about SS is the ability to run strategies on thousands of indicators,filter the results and then simply create a walk foward.There is no way you could do this on your own as it would take forever to run thru the combinations/permutations.Keep in mind,if you do NOT walk foward,you will be in curve fit hell.

On the flip side,the charting is SS is average and there is no ability to position size other than "variable equity" as opposed to fixed.You also can not scale in/scale out or pyramid.

For the record,I have no affilaition with the company.Feel free to email me if you have any questions.

Tao