Question on Options Expiration and Trading Halt: HAR

Discussion in 'Options' started by neke, Sep 22, 2007.

1. kny3

kny3

I am a complete idiot, thanks, but that's not the point of this.

The original post by Neke asked "does anyone know what happens when a stock is halted & you don't have a chance to close the position...?". My example said "If, for example" the stock was trading at $102... . Neke then asked about a broker exercising his position, closing him out Monday at a loss and creating a Reg T call. I told him that he does not have to exercise anything. I wasn't watching HAR Friday afternoon, I was just trying to let Neke and anybody else know that if something funky happens on expiration Friday, there are things they should be aware of. My reference to 95 puts being OTM, if the stock was trading at $85 as you say it was, is then wrong, and I apologize.

kny 3 :confused: :cool:

#21     Sep 23, 2007
  2. Dustin

Dustin

The last official print on HAR was $85 AFTER the halt. They released it afterhours so NYSE could get in a final print. The ECN's ended up trading in the 82-83 range after that print.

#22     Sep 23, 2007
  3. I didn't ask the question.

The OP asked what could happen in a similar situation. That other thread was a similar situation.

Why don't read the OCC document and tell us what it says? Are you a complete idiot? You act like it.

Run along sonny. There are men here trading...

#23     Sep 23, 2007
  4. zdreg

zdreg

"I'm sure the info you need (buried deeply?) is in the "Characteristics and Risks" statement from OCC."
    from wayne gibbous

you are obviously a real man who knows his trade.

#24     Sep 23, 2007
  5. spindr0

spindr0

neke,

Tho I might have stumbled across it anyway, thanks for posting the HAR info. It was a great short this AM in the pre market and I feel sorry for those whose short puts were assigned and don't know better than to wait until 9:30 EST to deal with it. Now I'm watching for a possible dead cat or real bounce if the run for the exits abates.

#25     Sep 24, 2007