Question on Lightspeed as broker dealer

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by bobbart, Jan 5, 2012.

1. bobbart

bobbart

Question on Lightspeed as broker dealer and eSignal as my charting service, they both work together.
    Would I can’t find out is Lightspeed insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC)?
    I sent Lightspeed an email last week and they didn’t reply back as yet.
    I hear that Lightspeed is pretty good…that’s why I would like to try them. I’m looking for a good broker dealer (direct access trading) that would work with eSignal

Any replies will help,
    Thanks,
    bobbart
    :confused:

2. You don't own a telephone? There might be a pay phone at the public library. Call Lightspeed and talk to them...

3. bc1

bc1

4. O'Leary

O'Leary

As noted, we're a registered broker dealer and as such participate in SIPC coverage. I'm not sure which e-mail address you may have sent your inquiry to, but feel free to contact us at our toll free # of 1-888-577-3123, Option 3 (Sales Dept.) and we'll walk you through any questions about our platform, customizable settings, and so forth.

Our software has lots of built in (and recently expanded) charting features, however if you'd like to use eSignal, our platform integrates with eSignal as well.

Our home page on www.lightspeed.com is a good place to visit to link to other reviews about our firm/platform.

Best regards.

5. Magellan

Magellan

Lightspeed is an excellent platform. Has a bit more fire power than most traders are used to, though this is not necessarily a problem.

Lightspeed works well if you know what you are doing and don't need a lot of hand holding.

Recently they have experienced some problems with access to customer accounts. I would wait till these problems have been corrected before making a committment.

Magellan

6. personally, i cut my costs by using das trader (lightspeed used to offer a white labeled version called noble trader, which i can't find on their site anymore). they have a lot of customizable chart studies so i don't have to pay for esignal anymore :)

7. Magellan

Magellan

As a side note, I closed my account with Lightspeed due to ongoing accounting problems. Four weeks is too long to wait to have access to accurate data on my trading activity.

Still, Lightpseed does offer a nice platform.

Magallen