question on IB statement ( pics included )

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by IndyJonerJr, May 17, 2018.

1. hi guys,

another noob question, as to be honest I have always calculated my gains differently then ever looking at the statement, but was just looking there tonight and noticed something I have no clue how to read it, pics below

wondering what this catagory I highlighted in yellow, called transaction, I have no clue why it shows some of them negative. only thing I can think if it's MTM, then these options didn't expire that month ???? any clarification, thanks

2. JSOP

JSOP

Better to ask IB via the Message Centre. There is no column headings so really hard to know what the numbers are.

3. Position is Mark-to-market for each position.

Transaction is Mark-to-market for each trade.

On your second screen shot at the far right there is a "?" mark, click that.

4. the column in question is TRANSACTION,

I did click he ? mark, this the third photo I supplied..

this still doesn't make any sense, as these expired worthless so there should not be a negative number, as then total shows a lesser amount, which would be wonderful for taxes, but obviously there is a reason

my understanding should be a simple, premium received, minus commissions equals grand total??? of course there is margin interest but it's calculated else where as I know these transactions didn't occur that high fee, it was 3,500 a month where I'm at..

Last edited: May 18, 2018
  5. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

Focus on the $1.42, instead........

You're welcome. :D