Question on Bracket Trader and Button Trader ??

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by sew7, Jan 15, 2006.

1. Hoi

Hoi

ButtonTrader provides already Bid/Ask-pressure-analyses, and we are currently working on a project called "tape-reading" which involves traded-volume-analyses.

Bracket-Orders are held where YOU want them...you can choose for each Order (Open, Target and Close) if it should stay on your PC, or go to IB-Server or to Exchange (if the exchange offers a Native version).

#11     Feb 27, 2006
  2. Hoi...

I thought I might bring this thread back to the top.

I greatly appreciate your help as I have started my BT demo with my IB account.

I'm looking forward to checking out all of the simulation demos this weekend, and maybe switching BT to realtime/$$$ next week.

Thanks again for your quick email support.

RJ

#12     Sep 13, 2007
  3. jablom

jablom

I am using button trader now - amazingly well thought out, simple, non resource hog, test all you want before trading live. Could be what I was looking for all along, stragies that are pre built seem to work as well.

#13     Nov 28, 2008
  4. Vienna

Vienna

BT is excellent.... been using it for a long time now and never a problem... ony thing I would with for: what would be GREAT are trade analysis tools like Ninjatrader has, such as Win/ Loss, MAE etc...

But Hoi emailed me once that they had considered it but thought it was better just to do one thing really well.

Pity, though....:(

#14     Nov 28, 2008
  5. jablom

jablom

Do you use the pre built strategies? Find them effective in real trading? I am only at the testing this product out phase. Seems like it coule be really valuable and just what you need - non of the complexity of ninja or the others. I spent months just trying to figure out how to work ninja.

#15     Nov 28, 2008
  6. I trade forex as well as ETFs, are buttontraders advantages limited to futures side or work equally well for equities side? I am using TWS and am looking for faster order entry/modification.

#16     Jan 31, 2009
  7. jablom

jablom

When I posted this I was only testing it out, futures only on buttontrader. You should download ninja trader - free for simulation trading. Nothing has helped me more than zeroing down to the 1 minute chart on ninja, it has direct connect to TWS, can trade easily off the charts.

#17     Feb 2, 2009
  8. why didn't you like buttontrader?

#18     Feb 2, 2009
  9. jablom

jablom

Not that I didnt like it, but I am a visual person, I need to see the charts and exactly what is going on, cant do that with button trader - button has a chart but it is really primitive and I could not see trading something without the chart. With ninja trader (again free to use in simulation) I can trade the 1 min. charts, enter and see my order filled right on the chart. Something you cant really do directly in TWS, plus their charts and technical studies are really bad. Ninja has some of the best charting functions I have ever seen. Plus on ninja, it keeps complete stats of all your trades for you, allows you to test your profitability daytrading and when you are ready just connect to TWS. I didnt really like ninja until I started using the chart feature (it was too complex for the strategies), now it is the best thing that ever happened to my trading. When you are on 1 minute charts in ES, ZB or YM you get the screen time you need to succeed. You can also build automated strategies, but the programming is over my head at the moment, need to know C++.

#19     Feb 2, 2009
  10. How do you find the chart feature?

Thanks

#20     Feb 2, 2009