Question: List of Stocks Included in the Wilshire 5000 Index

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by gwb-trading, Mar 9, 2007.

1. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Folks,

Does anyone have a link to the entire list of stocks included in the Wilshire 5000 Total Market index. I have been poking around on the web and can not find it. Please post a pointer to the list if you can help out.

Thanks,

- Greg

2. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Bump

3. balda

balda

The Dow Jones Wilshire 5000 Total Market Index represents the broadest index for the U.S. equity market, measuring the performance of all U.S. equity securities

http://www.wilshire.com/Indexes/Broad/

4. nkhoi

nkhoi

get all stocks listed in US and you get them, sound like lots of junk in this index.

5. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Thanks for the feedback.

I am still looking for a complete list of stocks included in the Wilshire 5000 index. I hope to get a list in spreadsheet format that includes symbols if possible.

Thanks,

- Greg

6. Amnesiac

Amnesiac

I did some research as well and couldn't find a list of all stocks either. Only info I found is that it apparently contains more than 5,000 stocks (approx 7,000).

I suggest you just write an email to someone at Wilshire and request the list directly from them. Feel free to post it here when you have it. :cool:

7. nkhoi

nkhoi

the exact info is for institution client only.

8. S2007S

S2007S

TMW

9. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

I emailed Wilshire and they responded stating that the list of companies is paying institutional clients only. It seems very odd that the list of stocks included in an index followed by many mutual funds and ETFs is not publicly available. I would expect that as soon as there are a large number of products marketed at standard retail investors tied to the Wilshire 5000 index then the companies included in the index would have to be disclosed from an SEC regulatory perspective at least once per quarter.

For all the other (non-Wilshire) indexes the list of included stocks can easily be found on multiple websites.

- Greg