question ib's unbundled stock commissions

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by bighitter1, May 21, 2006.

1. i'm not understanding something.i'm not sure if i understand there rates. let's say somebody does under the 300k a month shares the base commission is .0035. so the minimium commission is 70 cents. so if one does 100 shares they still pay the base of 70 cents or 2 cents a share. what's getitng me is it looks like if you trade nyse orders they're screwing you. it looks like if i hit the bid or ask they're charging me .002 per share for timberhills auto execution. it seems 90% of there nyse smart orders are going threw timber hill. so if one does 500 shares of mo and buys at the ask i'm paying .0035 base plus .002 if it goes to timberhill so thats .0055 plus there nyse clearing fee and sec fee's. one's better off with there .005 all fee.

2. alanm

alanm

Quote from bighitter1:
    let's say somebody does under the 300k a month shares the base commission is .0035. so the minimium commission is 70 cents. so if one does 100 shares they still pay the base of 70 cents or 2 cents a share.

No. $0.007 per share.

what's getitng me is it looks like if you trade nyse orders they're screwing you.

Screwing? They publish the price. It's cheaper than some solutions, more expensive than others.

so if one does 500 shares of mo and buys at the ask i'm paying .0035 base plus .002 if it goes to timberhill so thats .0055 plus there nyse clearing fee and sec fee's. one's better off with there .005 all fee.

True. Unbundled is cheaper for people who primarily provide liquidity.