Question for you, who is sane?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by qdz, Dec 4, 2002.

1. :eek: :cool: :mad: :D:( :confused: :eek:

there exists but a fine line b/w genius and madness

and

I HAVE STEPPED OVER IT!!! OH BOY HAVE I!!

BWAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHA HEH HEH HEHEHEH HA HA!

#11     Dec 4, 2002
  2. From which side to which? :D

#12     Dec 4, 2002

3. vlad. i see things. i see patterns. patterns that seem to repeat. but you tell me they can't exist. *you* are the genius. *i* must be insane. :D

#13     Dec 4, 2002
  4. I don't think it's contradictory. I am being contrarian by not using stochastics when I know it has a good chance to fail. You may not consider that being 100% contrarian, but I don't care, because who says that being 100% contrarian works better? Nothing works 100% of the time, so you being contrarian against 'the stochastics crowd' can also be wrong. My point is this: I use subtler methods and basically you may be right that they do not qualify as pure contrarian methods because I do not assume that stochastics methods are wrong 100% of the time. They are not.

In other words, I try to be flexible and use the best methods for given circumstances. We both can have some edge here, except that mine can be even greater if I can avoid 'the stochastics crowd' mistakes (that's your only edge) and yet benefit from the stochastics methods where I have the best chance to do so (and here you will fail because you assume it will not work).

To me the key word is flexibility. If something does not work, I avoid it, when someting does work, even if it's as rare as 61.8 % FR within the first 30 min bar, I will use it. One of the main reasons, so many fail is that they keep on using the same stuff no matter what circumstances and refuse to try other things. So they are the herd, they do not discriminate.

#14     Dec 4, 2002
  5. TSaimoto

TSaimoto Guest

So basically, we all agree that we all are sane towards ourselves but insane towards others....

So... the original question was, " Who is sane?" LOL...
    I personally think it's a stupid little question that takes us no where but around and around the same ass place...

It's like debating what trading style is best...

#15     Dec 4, 2002
  6. OK, I can easily tell you what the best trading style is. Obviously, it's mine. But more seriously, it's important to believe in one's trading style, being self-critical nevertheless.

#16     Dec 4, 2002
  7. hey ditch, db ... LOOK! wally is at it again:D

#17     Dec 4, 2002
  8. Rigel

Rigel

It's something else.
    Nobodys insane. They're just lying.
    Some people do that.
    They are called "liars". .:eek:
    Those buggers are all over the place
    They will always tell you that it was just "a mistake" or a "misunderstanding", and if you believe it you're screwed.
    Or the liar will just look you in the eye and say nothing. If you go for that then you're really putting yourself at risk. My trading improved when I quit reading press releases. :)

#18     Dec 4, 2002
  9. THis thread is a classic example why this website is starting to become really bad.

The guy asks a question.. and he barely gets any response, opinions or feedback related to the question. Instead he gets all this crap about sane and insane.

Where the hell are the moderators??

--MIKE

#19     Dec 4, 2002

10. what are you babbling about? you are insane.

#20     Dec 4, 2002