QUESTION for trading moderator--please answer!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ghostzapper, Aug 28, 2008.

Should the trading the hurricanes thread be in the trading forum?

1. of course, a great trading subject to discuss

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. no it shouldn't. hurricanes isn't trading

58 vote(s)
    828.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. When I say you have no rights, it has nothing to do with disrespect. You pay nothing to join or partake on this forum. Ergo, you have no right to complain when something does not go your way, as your right to post and exist in this "cyber world" if you will, is dependant on the owner of the board (Baron, in this case) and the policies he chooses to put in place. Incidently, I also have no rights to complain, and my right to post and to moderate is dependant on Baron's will to have me do so. If Baron wakes up one morning and says that all users whose name begins with the letter "I" have to be deleted and banned, then he has the right to do so. I can think it's unfair, but I have no rights to say otherwise.

If you paid, it would be a different story.

As for the 40-50 posts of yours I have supposedly deleted, I think you're full of shit, unless you're under a different username (also a violation of the ToU - one username per person line). Because I don't recall moderating any posts of the username "hughb", and while it is possible I missed one or two that I've deleted, there's no way I would have forgotten 40-50. I could, of course, compare your IP to my database to see who it is you might be, but that would be a waste of time since we both know that I'm telling the truth in every single word of this post.

#11     Aug 28, 2008
  2. After the initial tally was 4 to 0 against ivanovich, rather than accept the truth, he skewed the poll with 58 votes for him.

This should tell you all you need to know about the veracity of ivanovich. LOL!

#12     Aug 28, 2008
  3. Since you and your 3 other aliases made up all the votes, I decided to vote my own and my 50 some aliases. Fair is fair, after all.

#13     Aug 28, 2008
  4. hughb..... why make trouble with a mod??:confused:

you cant win, and you will risk getting banned like 4Dtrader did. :( for arguing.

best not attack the mods

#14     Aug 28, 2008
  5. hughb

hughb

Of course it is not best to attack mods, but this particular jerk does such a horrible job of moderating he compels it. I know it is not possible to win and it is not my objective to do so. This is a message board and I'm posting relevant messages, nothing more. I've never violated any of the TOU despite his implication that I use multiple handles. I have never used another handle, so I would assume that he would stoop to falsehoods in order to send me the way of 4dtrader, (whoever that was, and whatever he was banned for).

#15     Aug 29, 2008
  6. Of course no one is going to get banned for arguing with a mod (at least not me). Argue away!

Once again, Hughb, you didn't read my post through and through, so let me sum it for you as simply as I can.

- You claim I've deleted 40-50 of your posts.

- I told you that's a lie, or the only way it's possible is if you used another username.

So if your only username is hughb, then I'm not debating that. But then you've lied about the 40-50 posts. You can pick which lie is the real lie, but one of these "things" is not true.

I will, however, warn you on the personal attacks. Direct personal attacks will be removed. If you cannot debate without insulting someone, then unfortunately you'll have to be censored.

#16     Aug 29, 2008
  7. hughb

hughb

I haven't made any personal attacks, either, so stuff your warning. I have no opinion of you personally. My gripe with you is your piss poor job of moderating, period.

My point was poorly worded - I have about 40 or 50 missing posts, none of which were a violation of any rules. Judging by your past history of deleting/moving posts willy nilly, of course I would assume it was you, maybe you didn't delete them all, maybe you did.

I do not lie, and I resent your accusation.

#17     Aug 29, 2008
  8. This is a personal attack. I let it stand because I knew you'd post that you "didn't make any personal attacks".

Feel free to name any of the 40-50 supposed missing threads. I'll look into it. But you said it was me who removed them, and it wasn't. You said I claimed "I would remove any threads I wanted" and I didn't. And you've said you didn't do any personal attacks, and you did.

So resent my accusations that you lie(d) all you want, but to me, when someone claims something is not factually accurate, it is either an intentional lie (like when my son said he didn't take the cookie, but there are crumbs on his shirt) or it was an accidental ommision.

Feel free to PM me with the mysteriously missing threads. I'm betting that you don't, but who knows. Maybe you'll come up with some threads.

#18     Aug 29, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.