Question For Traders

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by FXsKaLpEr, Oct 12, 2005.

1. you know, now that I consider it, I don't think you'd invest any money in a HF that traded currencies exclusively, anyway. No matter how little of a fee I charged.

that's how fckn stupid you are.

now tell us, marky1, why is it you should invest in a hedge fund that exclusively trades currencies in the forex.

Here, finish the sentence... "Because the British pound miiiiiight..."

#31     Oct 13, 2005
  2. where's the link to your quote, dumbass.

I never wrote that.

(I am so glad the market has dopes like marky1 in it. They make my job easier every day.)

#32     Oct 13, 2005
  3. trdwl

trdwl

"My question is, how can you justify taking such a small cut of the profits when you are used to keeping 100% (besides paying taxes) on the money you make trading your own private account?"

It seems axiomatic to me, however access to large pools of capital would bring with it the benefit of a disproportionate balance of remuneration. The average compensation to the largest hedge fund managers last year was in the neighborhood of $256 million. I imagine it was for that level of compensation that those managers were willing to "justify taking such a small cut of the profits."
    The 2/20 structure, like any compensation model is dynamic and represents the current state of competitive market forces. There are many examples that deviate from the mean based on supply and demand, with performance being the primary factor driving both variables.
    Incidentally, most hedge funds aren't transparent even to their clients. They do not make their individual trades, or specific trading strategies or programs available to investors.
    Best of luck!

#33     Oct 19, 2005