Question for the Sarah Palin haters.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by peilthetraveler, Nov 18, 2010.

1. Maxine Waters? Can't Palin sue you for such slanderous remarks?

#11     Nov 19, 2010
  2. That's Odumba, isn't it?

If Palin's "ideological reasons" were "conforming to the principles of the US Constitution, all else be damned"... that would make her the best president since Andrew Jackson.

#12     Nov 19, 2010
  3. dinn13

dinn13

That is not Obama. Why do you think the left keeps on complaining about him. Specifically look at healthcare. It never appeared that single payer was on the table and he very quickly gave up the public option without putting up much if any fight. So definitely not all else be damned.

And I doubt Palin knows the constitution that well, especially not in depth. I think what you say potentially applies to Ron Paul but not Palin.

#13     Nov 19, 2010
  4. you are a perfect example of "lack of intellectual curiousity". since palin throws out a few one liners that appeal to you and mentions god once in a while that good enough for you. fox probably does your thinking for you.
    you dont have the intellectual capability or refuse,ie willfull ignorance, to actually think through how a sara palin would be as a president by researching what those who know her best say about her.

"If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence." -Bertrand Russell

#14     Nov 19, 2010
  5. The Left is complaining because Odumba isn't radical "enough". With having the House and 60-vote majority in the Senate, the Left wanted ALL of the nasty, oppressive Big Government provisions jammed down our throats.... so they're whining because Odumba wasn't able to get the Government's boot far enough onto the throat of American Freedoms.

It's not necessary for Palin or anybody else to be a Constitutional scholar. Look at Odumba... he supposedly taught the constitution as a college professor, then has run over it like it was toilet paper.

Your arguments so far in support of Odumba are lame.. and those against Palin are weak.

In case you hadn't noticed, there is a civil war being waged right now in America... the Progressive Left vs. American Freedoms and the free market (what's left of it).

#15     Nov 19, 2010
  6. RedDuke

RedDuke

She quit her job as a governor to pursue making $ with being a media person to spread misinformation. (btw, misinformation is obviously constantly done by both parties). Quitting a governorship without a valid reason, and filling your pockets is not one, is a huge minus.

One day she criticizes Obama about reading teleprompter, and then the other day she writes notes like energy on her palm.

She is too ideological to the right.

I can go on.

Hm, does not look like a good fit to lead our Great nation to me.

Regards,
    redduke

#16     Nov 19, 2010
  7. dinn13

dinn13

I guess thanks for pointing it out. I hadn't noticed there was a civil war.

#17     Nov 19, 2010
  8. Please share the misinformation. Let me guess, death panels?

Even the liberal economic God, Paul Krugman admits she is right on that.

#18     Nov 19, 2010
  9. Ricter

Ricter

Link please.

#19     Nov 19, 2010
  10. Paul Krugman Recommends 'Death Panels' to Help Balance Budget
    By Noel Sheppard | November 14, 2010 | 13:32

UPDATE AT END OF POST: Krugman tries to clarify what he said.

Although he was likely taking a swipe at former governor Sarah Palin with the reference, Paul Krugman on Sunday recommended "death panels" as a means of helping to balance the federal budget.

In a Roundtable discussion on ABC's "This Week," the New York Times columnist said of what recently came out of the President's deficit commission, "Some years down the pike, we're going to get the real solution, which is going to be a combination of death panels and sales taxes" (video follows with transcript and commentary):

<object width="518" height="419"><param name="movie" value="http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/eyeblast.swf?v=hdSUSUaGnz" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/eyeblast.swf?v=hdSUSUaGnz" allowfullscreen="true" width="518" height="419" /></object>

A few minutes later:
    So, we've got to get Medicare under control by deciding "what it's going to pay for...which medical procedures are not effective at all and should not be paid for at all."

AKA "death panels."

Now, to be sure, Krugman was likely being derisive using that term. However, the point Palin and others were making during the ObamaCare debate - and getting great criticism from folks in the media for doing so - was that once government gets involved in these decisions, it's a slippery slope to federal officials determining who lives and who doesn't.

There are many medical procedures today that are costly and might preserve life for a short period of time. When Medicare decides it's not going to cover them, the government has indeed made a life and death decision for a citizen.

With that in mind, I imagine Sarah Palin will be smiling somewhere when Krugman's comments are brought to her attention.

*****Update: Sensing he may have opened up a can of worms, Krugman posted a rather hapless clarification at his blog Sunday.

*****Update II: Our good friend Gary Hall reminds us in the comments section that former Clinton labor secretary Robert Reich made a similar observation back in 2007:

And Billy Gates on letting old people die so we can save teacher jobs.

<embed src="http://blip.tv/play/hJNRgfyKZgI%2Em4v" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>

#20     Nov 19, 2010