Question for the experts...

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by Mo06, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Mo06

Mo06

I have never owned any cryptos, but the recent falls have got me starting to take interest.

Which of the major cryptos would people suggest may make a decent small investment, I'm thinking Etherium or maybe Bitcoin cash but would welcome some input.

My worry is that at present these instruments are used in a purely speculative way, they are not actually being used in the way they were intended - to buy and sell stuff...

2. RedDuke

RedDuke

Still too expensive, once bitcoin falls below 1k, let’s see what happens to crypto world.

Peter10 likes this.
  3. rockn

rockn

4. In my humble opinion, put that crypto money in equities instead. Never ever " trade " in crypto, there is no edge in gambling. It is purely based on Momentum, and the big traders take all... Crypto will only become relevant when they start to transition into a cashless society, and that is still far away

5. Mo06

Mo06

You didn't read my question.
    I don't want to trade cryptos, I trade equities for a living.

I am looking to make a small investment for the longer term.

6. yg10

yg10

IMVHO.
    Bitcoin has a largest cap and is a reference cryptocurrency.
    Litecoin is an old and reputable coin, also very innovative.

For longer term I am also looking at Proof of Stake coins: Cardano/Ada and maybe Tezos. Both are on the technology cutting edge.

Please do your own research.

I can add few more names.

7. tomorton

tomorton

I seriously doubt cryptocurrencies can ever be thought of as a long-term investment.

8. maxinger

maxinger

It looks more like a good long term divestment.

9. KevMo

KevMo

Crypto's [virtually all] themselves have no inherent value other than hoping to find "the next greater fool" in order to pass the hot potato too. As someone who's been in $BTC since 2012, and later $ETH, sold it almost everything in Nov 2017 [half lucky/half seen manic, parabolic moves many times before in 30 yrs of trading and sold into it], I'd be extremely cautious of buying any digital tokens these days. Bloom is off the rose.

Next-gen Digital Ledger Technologies #DLT & alternative Blockchains, dApps, other methods of consumer adoption is where the fortunes are being made now in 2019 and -->>>.

Cuddles and Sprout like this.