Question for the daytraders: What is your family arrangement like?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by volkl23, Apr 30, 2006.

1. volkl23

volkl23

This may seem like an odd question, but for those of you who are daytraders, what is your family arrangement like?

For the guys who are married, do you stay home all day while your wife drive off to work (assuming she does)? If this is the case, do you do most of the housework chores or are expected to, since you're home all day?

What is your arrangement like?

2. I work in my office which is on the main floor of our house. My wife stays at home with our 3 yr old daughter. My daughter is pretty good about leaving me alone when the office door is closed but sometimes still comes in and wants me to play, etc.

It can be trying at times, especially when the two of them are going at it. However, it can also be a great thing. Sometimes after making a bad trade, seeing my daughter laugh and smile is all it takes to erase the bad emotions and get me back on track.

3. My wonderful wife supports us while I trade a little with real money and some on sim too to test new ideas. It's been a bit lean but the payoff will be worth it.

4. cicsman

cicsman

Same here.

My lovely wife works full time to cover all of our expenses and get us medical coverage.

For my part when the markets close I tidy up and make the dinner.

A good arrangement.

5. igor043

igor043

I work out of home office. My wife, who is an attorney, also has home office as well as outside office where she meets with clients. I handle majority of bills. I recently left 6 figure income job where I lived on the road 5 days and nights a week.
    We're both happier with the working arrangement.

6. I stay in the dungeon and don't come out to bug anyone, and hopefully they don't bug me ;)