Question for the Athiests

Discussion in 'Politics' started by athlonmank8, Dec 29, 2008.

1. #51     Dec 30, 2008
  2. Do you care to explain how the earth by itself, which could NEVER craft anything as intricate as even the faces on Mount Rushmore, could design something as complicated as a human being?

I mean seriously. Would love to hear your response to this....

Did God also create small pox and ever more complex mutating viruses? Nice design.

I don't know if there's a creator, but there are things beyond human understanding. If you tell me the universe is infinite, it's impossible to comprehend the reality of this. If you tell me the universe is finite....same result.

Beyond that, if there is a creator, it doesn't mean it takes a personal interest in one's life, intervening on one's behalf and what not.

I was raised christian. Attended church every Sunday, attended religious education and even went to parochial school. I believed and attempted to live according to the teachings in the bible.

It's a long story, but I eventually concluded I was living a self-reinforced delusion and consider myself a born again atheist. I still love helping people in need, I'm honest and considerate. I don't need anybody or any literature to compel me to be a decent human being.

#52     Dec 30, 2008
  3. What i consider an important point, is stuff mount rushmore, humans alleged intellect, or statue making ability.

Incidentally, why do these types always use the singular "god" in these arguments? One god is no more plausable than many, nor more useful, nor more functional.

After all, it makes sense to pray to many gods, because its evident one would have to much on his plate to really be bothered with the whole deal, right.

Oh, back to my point-why is it important?

Why does anyone need to know, if there was, wasnt, how what, why or wherefore existence as we know it came into being?

Isnt it enough, to simply marvel at what is out there, all these amazing things, try and find out things about it, and be generally chuffed we were even given the opportunity to do so-

rather than shove sick, twisted ignorant concepts down peoples throats, lie, thieve from the populace, build palace after palace in ornate gold leaved opulence for the self-appointed sacrosanct, while the "subjects" of this human misery are made to live in slavery, ignorance, pain and squalor?

#53     Dec 30, 2008
  4. riaamaan,

now that is reason speaking. I agree, and all one actually need in this matter is personal integrity and ethics. An external moralistic forced conformist view is very alienating and polarizing towards the rest of the world, and brings on wanton domination and destruction instead of respect, freedom and a balanced life.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secular_humanism

Just as the conflict in Gaza right now is an example of someone using feeble excuses for more dominating political interests, and even religious interests... Being human and showing human empathy is just as natural in that conflict as it was with regards to the Holocaust. The twisted through-the-teeth-lying propaganda rhetoric being touted for ethnocentric purposes is utterly lame and easily transparent for any independently capable-of-thinking human being...

No one need the sickly image or world belief created by power hungry clergy and other corrupting interests that Abrahamic religion represents ... in order to be a successful human being. People are much better off without it.

#54     Dec 30, 2008
  5. stu

stu

#55     Dec 30, 2008
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

#56     Dec 30, 2008
  7. volente_00

volente_00

Maybe he did not have to. Perhaps he just placed some bacteria on the ship and every animal we have today evolved out of it. Sound to far fetched ?

#57     Dec 31, 2008
  8. stu

stu

Couldn't work, no boat would be big enough to hold all the organisms evolved below the level of bacteria needed to account for Kent Hovind.

#58     Dec 31, 2008
  9. Pekelo

Pekelo

A theist refering to common sense, yummie!!!

Anyway, why the singular use of god??? Common sense tells me that there had to be more then 1 god to create such a perfect world as Earth is. (although these humans are more like pests on it) Can you prove it was only one god???

Zeus FTW!!!! :)

#59     Dec 31, 2008
  10. is God about loving life or fearing death?

#60     Dec 31, 2008