Question for the Athiests

Discussion in 'Politics' started by athlonmank8, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

(1)How do they get all those different animals in a zoo?

(2)Just another opinion but he may have had a little more "notice" than you're thinking.

"Though the Bible does not say, it seems reasonable that Noah employed a large group of workman to build the Ark. If Noah started building the Ark soon after God spoke to him, then the process of building the Ark may have taken close to 120 years."

For the skeptical, there are some logistical "issues" worth questioning.
    No offense but you just seem to be focusing on the wrong ones.

#31     Dec 29, 2008
  2. hughb

hughb

Good lord man, it's a joke. Lighten up. Maybe believing that some old codger crammed all these animals in an ark had affected your sense of humor. Jeez....

#32     Dec 29, 2008
  3. lol.

#33     Dec 29, 2008
  4. stu

stu

Repeatedly making one silly remark after the next from disjointed reasoning may be comforting for you to do but it is hardly edifying to watch.
    Science both reasons and leads to knowledge. You could just face up to that instead of calling everyone a fool who points out your mistake

#34     Dec 29, 2008
  5. Still waitin on that answer.

Common Stu. You field this one. Everyone's had their turn except you

#35     Dec 29, 2008
  6. I'll make the picture a little more clear of what I'm asking for.....

http://www.modbee.com/local/story/544774.html

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24765324/

There were tales from heart patients and trauma victims who had damn-near-died, and many were negative, usually “pre-conversion”.

Some of them claimed to have remembered being strapped to a gurney being rolled down a tunnel of fire.

A more interesting story, to me, was the woman who claimed to have seen a family member imprisoned in something like a wheel rim embedded in the ground, where she had been burnt to her skeleton, but was nonetheless alive and suffering.

one man was even quoted as saying by his doctor when he was being revived..."I'm in hell, save me" "no you don't understand...save me I'm in hell" and the look of pure horror.

Others have had great ones.

Vision of seeing all the prayers they've ever said.
    Vision of Jesus reaching out his hand.

#36     Dec 29, 2008
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

Oh I'm light...
    :D

#37     Dec 29, 2008
  8. stu

stu

No problem I can confirm NDE is completely true and real and proves the existence of the Mighty One..
    I know 'cause I experienced it first hand.
    My motorcycle and I unexpectedly parted company at 180 mph along the CenCal Coast Road. After Landing in Oregon, I remembered vividly flying down a long tunnel with a creamy pale light at the end of it. I could hear a voice calling - pasta for one It's not ready for you yet, go back ,go back. Then I could see His Supreme visage. Standing before me in all His glorious sauciness with a Transcendent Meatball grasped firmly in His Noodly appendage.

Coincidence? oxygen deficiency? trauma? dreaming? come off it.
    The nurse said there was an unexplainable aura about me as I lay unconscious in intensive care. There was an atmosphere like an Italian kitchen throughout the whole ward. There was a presence of peace and pasta.

My NDE is unexplainable proof that alimentary paste is the Creator of all things.

#38     Dec 29, 2008
  9. Thanks for the persuasive counter argument lol.

I know science leads to reasons and knowledge you dumb bitch. It still doesn't provide factual evidence that there isn't a god though.

Everyone knows you hate life and therefore feel great when you so strongly deny there is a god.

The bottom line is that there is no fact of a god and no fact there is a god.

You need to shut that hole in your face before you blow some blood vessels.

#39     Dec 29, 2008
  10. There was no magic formula, it is basic trial and error all the way from the first brain neurons to the highly complex human brain. You need to understand that no complex structures of cells just popped up somewhere on earth, they have all been evolved in a matter such that every stage of their development has been the most useful to whatever environment and purpose.

Scientists are now able to control robots and possibly even fighter jets in the future, with just a few hundred thousand rat brain cells (neurons) in a freaking vat: http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg19926696.100-rise-of-the-ratbrained-robots.html

Now imagine some creature with a few of these cells living some billion years ago. Isn't it fairly obvious that this sort of creature would evolve into having more and more braincells, and having them work in a more and more complex order over time? I mean, why should they not?

Again, take a look at that creature evolving I linked to in my previous post; what you're doing here is that you're looking at the first generation and comparing it with the last generation. Obviously it looks like a huge leap, but given enough time it is no less than expected.

And what's more, we can see this very development, stage by stage, by looking at the fossils of our ancestors. The longer back we go, the smaller the brain is. Every leap in size is accounted for.

You probably want to ask "and how did the brain neurons come to be? What magic formula made those?". If we can explain, account for and understand the process from a single brain cell to the extraordinarily complex brain of Einstein, surely that same simple logic could account for the much smaller leap between one type of cell to another.

The chances of it happening on one planet might be 1 in a billion, but take into account how many planets there actually is in this universe, and it's easy to understand.

Darwin isn't all that great, he just said what had been said by others for thousands of years at the right time. A negro by the name of Al-Jahiz taught evolution a thousand years before Darwin:

"Animals engage in a struggle for existence; for resources, to avoid being eaten and to breed. Environmental factors influence organisms to develop new characteristics to ensure survival, thus transforming into new species. Animals that survive to breed can pass on their successful characteristics to offspring."[10]

He didn't really capture the essence of trial-and-error, but other than that it pretty much covers "survival of the fittest".

As far as NDE goes, there's not really much to discuss. When you put people one certain drugs, they will swear to you on their grandmother grave they were being hunted by vividly observable trolls. Certainly an experience in which the brain nearly shuts down, one might see some weird stuff.

#40     Dec 29, 2008