Question for technical analysts

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by nitro, Jan 31, 2011.

Is AMED a BUY, SELL, STAY AWAY for a month or so play?

1. AMED Is a momentum buy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. AMED is a momentum sell

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. AMED is not clear. Stay away

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  4. I don't know

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  5. I don't care

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. nitro

nitro

I am not a chartist. I have a question, in your opinion, given this chart, is AMED a buy, sell, or stay away, in the short term, on a momentum basis, say over a one month to three month period.

Please explain your logic as best you can.

http://seekingalpha.com/symbol/amed

2. Nitro,
    If it were anyone but you, I wouldn't respond...

1. I'd say a long here is justified. Saucer-ish bottom, held 50MA on last dip, made higher high for the swing.

2. Where to stop?... Ewwww. The only definite place is below $22.50. (A few logical stop places between current price and $22.50, however.)

Good luck

(PS... You're "not a chartist" with all of your horsepower? What the Hell do you DO with all that equipment? Surely you're not trading on "moving average crossovers"??) :D

3. risky63

risky63

sell @41.5-43.00.........if it gets there.

4. Shagi

Shagi

My advice is get proper charts.

5. Banjo

Banjo

They appear to be tightly wound around medicare, that makes them a hot potato in coming congressional games. Good list of inst/ fund holders but price will be in flux with medicare debates. Charts can be meaningless in that enviro.

6. HOGWASH! Charts are NEVER "meaningless". The Chart always reflects "current perception".... regardless of what motivated the players.

7. Huh?

You mean the past perception, right--charts can only show the past by definition.

Seems like Nitro has gone full circle back to the voodoo unless he is pumping his SA stuff....

:D

8. I COULD make an argument, but I won't. If you spend enough "chart time", you'll eventually figure it out... (or not)

Making $$ in the markets is all about anticipating "something". Anticipating what, based upon what? What else do we have but prior behavior? Can a reasonable speculation be made based upon prior behavior?

Do you know the answer to those questions??

9. Ok, i guess psychic abilities take time to develop.

10. You've told us all we need to know about your market abilities and perceptions.

Not putting you on IGNORE just now... but one more "lame.. I've got a smart remark to make but don't know my ass from a hole in the ground" comment like that, and we'll all have you on ignore. No offense.

#10     Jan 31, 2011