question for Super E

Discussion in 'Trading' started by birddog, Sep 23, 2002.

1. birddog

birddog

By the way, in the above chart, the 5ma is at 10.33 so we have to see it trade through this (and not by a penny). This means that if we decide to go long we will be paying up for the stock.

But we will be on the right side of the trend. A riskier approach is to grab it at 10.28 or 10.29, but then we run the risk that the ma continues down and we are on the wrong side of the trend.

#41     Oct 2, 2002
  2. birddog

birddog

P.S. Just bought it at 10.34 (it traded to 10.37 first, bought first pullback).

#42     Oct 2, 2002
  3. birddog

birddog

this is how it looks now. Notice 3 green candles ma is sloping up and stochastics is turning. Also candles are taking out previous candles high.

#43     Oct 2, 2002
  4. birddog

birddog

oops here is the pic

#44     Oct 2, 2002
  5. birddog

birddog

Okay Gordon,

I am out at 10.45 now I look for it to pullback to a lower price but probably above my previous entry to go in again.

Note, that many times it is better to sit and let it ride but that is not my style. I like to cash out and reenter.

#45     Oct 2, 2002
  6. birddog

birddog

has retraced back to 10.33 havent reentered since the dow, nasdaq are selling off a little. Looks like cisco wants to trade back down.

#46     Oct 2, 2002
  7. birddog

birddog

Gordon, check out the chart now, 2 red candles trend failed and stock is trading back below the 5ma. This is what SE was talking about.

Now if you were long at 10.35 and you didn't sell out higher then holding it now doesn't look so good. Maybe it wants to trade back down to the lows who knows?

Being on the right side of the ma will keep you out of trouble.

#47     Oct 2, 2002
  8. birddog

birddog

Trend is still down. Stock is below ma and low of the day is 10.21

#48     Oct 2, 2002
  9. birddog, thanks again for the charts/commentary. you basically have your own journal going here. :)

#49     Oct 2, 2002
  10. balda

balda

I am very new to trading.
    Birddog thank you for taking a time to post.
    It is very educative to me.

#50     Oct 2, 2002