question for Super E

Discussion in 'Trading' started by birddog, Sep 23, 2002.

1. birddog

birddog

Super,

I have attached a 15 min chart of Cisco with a 5, 20, 40 ma. The daily chart indicates that the price is below the 5 ma and so the trend is down.

However, on the 15 min chart (attached) intraday the price moved through the 5 ma for around an hour or so before heading back down.

Question is would you use this change on the 15 min chart to stop shorting and start buying or would you not buy because the daily trend is still down?

Thanks

2. Birddog,

What is your timeframe. If you're daytrading take your signal from the 15 min. If you are holding for a multi day then the daily is paramount. Also remember that on the 5 day or the smoother 8ema, is a guide of the trend. It can be slightly violated during the day.

3. the real SE is "super_ego" not "super-ego"

4. Do you think aphie, I mean Gordon, that Baron would allow another SE on this site. I want you to get on your knees Gekko and chant SUPEREGO IS MY TRUTH!Then and only then will I bestow my wisdom unto you.

5. super_ego is my truth!

ok, let's hear it.

6. Your wish is my command. How may I service you Gordon.

PS. SE dosen't do Gann!

7. Beer Man

Beer Man

If you were a woman, you would be a tease that needs to be slapped around

8. birddog

birddog

Thanks!

9. ok, since the markets are closed, let's use the daily time frame. give me one example in the daily time frame, tell me when/why you would have entered today, where your stop is, why your stop is where it is, how you will move your stop, and explain how you will exit with a profit. if you scale/in out or will add to the position, explain all that too.

i expect this all explained tonight.

p.s. are you saying the "super_ego" account is no longer active? state yes or no so that if "super_ego" starts posting, we know you're fake.

10. birddog

birddog

Gordon,

Using the daily time frame, you would enter a position once the price trades through the simple 5 ma (on a daily chart)

Your stop would be the 5ma (on a daily chart) - maybe a wiggle below the 5ma.

#10     Oct 1, 2002