Question for scalpers

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by prox, Feb 14, 2003.

1. Who needs to move size? If you trade your own money 10 or 20 contracts make for an excellent living.

#11     Feb 15, 2003
  2. But if the current offer is 901 and you move yours to 900.75, the end of the line will be the beginning of the line.

#12     Feb 15, 2003
  3. I believe that is the reason why the only thing that works consistently is some sort of scalping. Since nobody can backtest anything, the only way to find out if you are profitable is to actually do it. There isn't really much to it. But as soon as you move to a longer time frame, you can be almost certain that the strategy you are trying to backtest has been backtested hundreds of times before and exploited if found profitable.

#13     Feb 15, 2003
  4. This is the very reason to be nimble and have the front end to be able to manage such trade with futures. The more time that goes by without my target being reached the more nervous I get and scalp for what ever the market gives me without getting a loss or stopped out.

#14     Feb 15, 2003
  5. I think such behavior is necessary in the ES. When they turn they turn good.

#15     Feb 15, 2003
  6. This the very reason why a front end like Jtrader and the like is far superior to IB's front end (from a scalpers perspective) and IB would be great if they had such a front end. Even a freelance version would help alot.

#16     Feb 15, 2003
  7. nitro

nitro

I couldn't agree more.

nitro

#17     Feb 15, 2003
  8. nitro

nitro

I have written a very simple TWS execution platform to exactly fit my style.

nitro

#18     Feb 15, 2003
  9. I have never seen Jtrader or anything like it. What can it do that TWS can't?

#19     Feb 15, 2003
  10. Check out Jasper http://jasper.subzonex.com/screenshots.php and see the thermal bar. Jtrader calls this their dome view and it allows one click (totally visual) entry and exit. TT and others have a similar interface for this very reason. The biggest problem with freelance tools and IB is the API updates so support has to be constant. Care to show a screen shot Nitro?

#20     Feb 15, 2003