Question for Samsung LCD users

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MrDinky, Apr 9, 2004.

1. MrDinky

MrDinky

How do you know if you have a 191T or a 191T+ monitor. Is the plus listed on the front of the monitor?

I called Samsung and they couldn't answer this question.

:cool:

2. nitro

nitro

I have three 191T, not the +.

If I saw a 191T+, I would recognize it immediately becuase it is quit a bit brigther than the 191T.

Otherwise, I do not know if it is marked on the outside somewhere.

I would imagine that Plug and Play would tell you though, but I am not sure.

nitro

3. signals

signals

Yes the + is spelled out on the front of the monitor in italics:

191TPlus

FWIW: I'm very happy with mine. I have heard of quality issues with some of the ones coming from Mexico. Mine were made in Malaysia. I only have one dead sub-pixel and I can rarely find it or see it. :cool:

4. soler

soler

would any of you know this.....

I have tried asking samsung as well as bestbuy...I am yet to get a suitable answer.

what is the difference between the syncmaster 172N & 173T? (these are CDN if that means anything)

from what I see both are .264 pitch, 450:1 contrast, 250 cd bright, 1280 x 1024 res. both have thin bezels (i think)

i think both are analog & digital.
    i think you can NOT adjust the height of the 172N.

so, does anyone know the difference?

thx

5. nitro

nitro

6. MrDinky

MrDinky

Thanks everyone for the answers. Nitro - you said there's a noticable difference between the 191T and the 191Tplus. Is it bad enough that you wouldn't mix the models in a multiple monitor setup?

7. i have 2, 19T plus, plus is written in italics after the 191T
    and these monitors can be rotated, i'm not sure if 191T can be.

8. MrDinky

MrDinky

I can't believe Samsung couldn't answer that simple question. I even asked them point-blank, "does the front of the monitor say something different like '+' or 'plus'?" Who are they hiring anyway?

Good question on the rotation. You mean rotating the screen 90 degrees right? Do you use that feature a lot?

Does anyone know if the 191T models do this? I just downloaded the owners manuals, they're crap.

9. nitro

nitro

Mr.Dinky,

This is one of the most subjective experiences. What bothers me, you may not even notice!!

I simply cannot give advice in this case, as it would be a statement about me and not an objective measure.

FWIW, IMO if what you are looking it at is trading stuff, you may not notice it becase the brightness won't necessarily be contrasted there _if_you_use_black_backgrounds_. However, if you start to compare whites, it will bother "you."

nitro

nitro

10. nitro

nitro

The 191T's can be rotated.

nitro

#10     Apr 10, 2004