Question for people who have actually traded at prop firms

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by rt5909, May 24, 2008.

1. GTG

GTG

wow...I don't know anything about prop trading, but if what you say is true, there is no doubt in my mind that you'll be successful no matter what you do even if trading doesn't work out.

#11     May 25, 2008
  2. thelost

thelost

i traded prop before.

the main thing i did not expect is no one taught me how to trade.

we were taught basics such as support/resistance, higher highs/lower lows, risk management, level 2 screen, ecn rebates, etc...

but nothing about what stocks to trade, how to identify if the stock is going up or down. or a system of when to enter and exit trades.

so basically no one will teach you how to trade... and a lot of people have no idea what they are doing.

also most people quit after a few months.

but if it is your dream you should go for it. the successful guys were making $1,000,000+ a year.

i'm still trying to be a trader but now i do it from home and just paper trading. when i can paper trade successfully i may go back to prop for leverage.

#12     May 25, 2008
  3. Diego11

Diego11

We could buy stocks from one another with leverage money we don't actually own therefore generating ourselves a profit..

You guys are SPECIAL!!!

#13     May 27, 2008
  4. timcar

timcar

To stay on the topic of the thread here is a question to ask for those whom have traded “PROP” or are currently trading today.

“What is/was the amount of money your PROP firm charges you every month.” Including both commission cost and other fees whatever they might be.

Mr. “thelost” what are your monthly cost now that you trade Retail vs. what you cost were when trading PROP.

#14     May 31, 2008