Question for MultiChart Users

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by mikehabit, Aug 8, 2007.

1. maxpi

maxpi

Their document have told that since I first looked at the software...

#11     Aug 10, 2007
  2. Tums

Tums

in that case I don't think it is MC's fault for not able to do what you want.

#12     Aug 10, 2007

3. I took a look at the website and could see that they use custom DLL to transmit orders.
    http://www.traderassistant.net/TADLLClient
    You can use the same product for MultiCharts, because we do support EL DLL extension kit.
    Since the order execution is controlled by functions you can do whatever you want. I suggested the same idea above.

#13     Aug 10, 2007
  4. maxpi

maxpi

They stopped selling and supporting that software. I went through all the similar softwares, every one was flawed to the point that I could not use it. The dll from NinjaTrader will not work with MC scripts on volume bars at all and it will work with end of bar but not intrabar on volume bars with tradestation. Ninja only supports Tradestation they say. That is why I am posting on your forums for a release date for your script enhancement that will allow trading from the indicator script. Do you have an eta for that? I pretty much HATE manual trading when all I am doing is following a rule set that a 286 could follow.. I have been in the computer struggle since 1974 and vowed that some day the machines would work for me, not me working for the machines :)

#14     Aug 10, 2007
  5. bidask

bidask

c'mon, why don't you guys just build something that will work seamlessly so that i and many others will purchase multicharts? i know it's a big project, but it has to be done.

besides, traderassistant's TADLLClient doesn't work very well even with tradestation. their TATCClient does work well though.
    http://www.traderassistant.net/book/view/42

#15     Aug 11, 2007
  6. maxpi

maxpi

Making things work together is much harder in the microsoft environment because microsoft does not follow it's own rules when they write their stuff. It makes it much harder for developers. I tried several of the "dll to IB" add ons for Tradestation or Multicharts, they did not work the same with the two chart packages and none worked well enough for what I was doing, and it was not complicated.

That is why the "total solution from one provider" way is the only way that is going to work well. So far Multicharts is a better solution than Tradestation. I am waiting for the script enhancement whereby I can trade directly from the indicator script in realtime from Multicharts. If it is feature rich like dynaorder and it's clone hyperorder were then it is fine, well done, fantastic, bravo, kudos time.. if not it might still be usable..

#16     Aug 11, 2007
  7. Currently we are working on full-feature auto-trading that will support stop/market/limit orders, conversion of limit order to market order if necessary and so on. I will ask developers to re-consider the feature you need.

#17     Aug 13, 2007
  8. cmaxb

cmaxb

So what's new on this front. Anything being implemented, in latest version.

#18     Feb 5, 2008
  9. Tums

Tums

Multicharts 3.0 Beta 1

FEATURES

Strategy Back-Testing and Automation

• Intra-bar order generation
    • Dynamic portfolio strategy back-testing and optimization

General Improvements

• Brand-new GUI
    • Detachable windows for efficient multi-monitor support. No more need to drag charts onto different monitors at program start
    • Ability to abort workspace loading

Charting

• Plotting a chart without adding the symbol in QuoteManager. Symbol names can be just typed into the command line. Further information will soon be available in help and tutorials.
    • Data is displayed as soon as it is loaded. The result is shorter expectation time for a chart to be plotted
    • Increased charting speed and reliability
    • Faster data loading in the offline mode
    • Improved drawing tools behavior
    • Data & Indicator values export from charting

Data Feeds and Data Management

• Multiple symbol editing in QuoteManager
    • Updated Interactive Brokers data source. TWS881 supported. New features:
    · Parallel data loading
    · Faster loading of minute charts
    · The option to use 1 or 15 second bars as ticks to speed up chart plotting
    · The option to use 1 or 15 minute bars as minutes to speed up chart plotting
    · Ticks are not requested for the periods with no minute data available
    • Updated TranscAct data source. New features:
    · New API supported
    • Updated IQFeed data source. New features:
    · IQFeed4.3 supported
    · Checks for zero values on Low and High for the day’s real-time data
    • Updated TradeStation data source. New features:
    · Working in the offline mode does not result in excessive reloads
    • Updated OpenECry data source. New features:
    · New API supported
    · Parallel data loading
    · Faster loading of minute charts

• Updated Metastock data source added. When adding symbols an exchange can be chosen. The symbol will be added into the database with this exchange

Programming Language/Script Editor

• Reserved words descriptions and examples can now be viewed directly in PowerLanguage Editor
    • Fast code compiling or execution option
    • Considerably improved identification of error type and location during the compiling process

BUG FIXES

A large number of major and minor bugs have been fixed

#19     Feb 5, 2008