Question For Master Forex Traders

Discussion in 'Forex' started by sKaLpZ, Aug 31, 2005.

1. Why anyone would want to follow me is beyond my understanding.

#21     Sep 11, 2005
  2. daentay

daentay

thanks. target hit 1.2328 .

ending the year and off for a vacation

#22     Sep 12, 2005
  3. euro drop stalled.

scaled out some of my winning short positions @ 1.2330. will close out some more if the rate hits 1.2300.

may climb again by mid-week - will open shorts at that time.

TP of 1.2200 modified.

good luck fx traders (and quantitative finance PhD euro longs, thanks for your money, suckers! :D).

fx

#23     Sep 12, 2005
  4. skepticaltrader

skepticaltrader Guest

Nice Short trade with the EUR/USD FXskalpEr!!!.

I cashed out at 1.2323 for a nice profit. Looks like its still heading south and will continue if there is anticipation of another interest rate hike. I'm looking to re-enter after it retraces a little.

#24     Sep 12, 2005
  5. "Nice Short trade with the EUR/USD FXskalpEr!!!."

Thank you, thank you! :D

yes, it was a bloody good ride - glad you made some dough!

this "crash" seems to have sputtered.

Well, have fun with your money!!

theskalper

#25     Sep 12, 2005
  6. skepticaltrader

skepticaltrader Guest

Nice to take the ride with you.

I probably wouldn't of taken a short position if I hadn't read your first post on the Euro thread.

Thanks for creating the thread. Hopefully you've gotten some sleep.

:)

#26     Sep 12, 2005
  7. heh :D

actually I was fighting the headache from hell since about 3AM. ODed on everything I could get my hands on and went into a mummified state until about 6PM (30 minutes ago).

Feeling... OK now... *ahem*.

EUR/USD still seems to be a mixed bag though. Probably gonna teeter around based on news pops the rest of the week. I do think we've already seen our major price adjustment at least until the end of the week.

I'm not surprised it continued falling and crashed thru 1.2300 (I see it went to 1.2272).

I'm just trying to figure out a way to trade, get profits, and not have to stay awake all night (I trade from California and usually have to start at around 9PM and go to 9AM - that sucks).

So, what are you gonna do now, i.e., what's your next trade?

I think the level it's at now (1.2300 - 1.2270) is dangerous for both longs and shorts to trade in. The winner(s) will be so due to attrition of the other side.

Well... looks like it's gonna be one of those weeks....

fx

#27     Sep 12, 2005
  8. skepticaltrader

skepticaltrader Guest

Hope you're feeling better now FXsKaLpEr. You need to be well so that you can make money.

It seems as though the Euro found support at 1.2270 and there was a lot of buying going on from Central banks.

I am long the Euro currently and have a stop limit order in at 1.2325. That is where the 20 and 100 day SMA converge. There should be some resistance found in that area so I look to get out with some profit. If it doesn't break that area, then I will go short again at that level.

Trading from California has to be tough. I'm on Central time and peridically through the night I peak to see what the Euro or any other major currency is doing. My sleep pattern is terrible. I try to wake up right before a Fundamental announcement sometimes so that I can trade it.

Long at 1.2303 now!!!

See you in the market!!
    :)

#28     Sep 12, 2005
  9. Uhg... I'd take a long in a heartbeat, just haven't been able to get a signal. Probably has to drop to the 1.2100s before I could pull the trigger on a long. Don't want to get overly chewed up on paying interest by opening another EUR/USD long at this point.

It never ceases to amaze me, the danger traders will take on to get profit - not saying it is a bad thing, especially when you can walk out with money - that's the main thing.

well, this fire is just too hot for me at the moment - will take a wait and see for a bit - maybe to the end of the week or until one of the two sides do something stupid. :D

would like to know what Ivan makes of this EUR/USD situation. Or, maybe he is focusing in on USD/CAD for now and not on EUR/USD.

Ivan?

fx

#29     Sep 12, 2005
  10. Shorting Aussie, long on USD against CAD, and in the middle of moving from Russia to Puerto Rico. That's my take at the moment. Haven't looked at EUR, as it's lacking key direction in my opinion.

#30     Sep 12, 2005