Question for Grob/Hershey...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by makosgu, Sep 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sulli

sulli

what are you talking about? I use neoticker in addition to my qcharts platform and I can program an indicator for the slope of any indicator. I can even go further and program the 2nd derivative and onward.

Leave the cave man!

Good luck,

Ryan

#2721     May 22, 2006
  2. Oddi,

I appreciate your offer to assist but I have absolutely zero interest in joining the A Team. I've watched Hershey bait people for years... first on Usenet and then here in ET and I enjoy checking in every so often for the spectacle and on the off chance that one of his devotees has discovered something objective and reproducible. But I guess not this time.

I find the suspension of judgement and faith shown by Hersheyettes to be a fascinating study in human nature... very similar to the mentality of Woodies CCI followers. BTW, they too enter into denial when someone backtests Woodies patterns and reports the (inevitably poor) results. In fact, it's the exact same drill that the Grobians use -- obfuscation, belligerence and claiming things have been left out that can't be backtested.

Of course, backtesting would reveal the man behind the curtain so Jack discourages it and speaks in riddles to give the illusion of intellect while maintaining enough ambiguity to avoid objective assessment. This also keeps his followers hungry for more. In his own words: "...backtesting is not a viable means for finding anything out. The reason why is fairly straightforward to determine. If you are backtesting something and you feel you have grasp the thing you are backtesting, then you have failed to really grasp what (the thing) is going on." Huh?!? LOL

Anyway, good luck. Hope you catch on sooner rather than later because you will eventually.

Trader666

#2722     May 22, 2006
  3. B team results for today from the softwear released on Friday.
    How's the vaporwear from Grob comin along ? chuckle....

#2723     May 22, 2006
  4. Nice trading. What software are you referring to? Are you only trading ES?

#2724     May 22, 2006
  5. i know grob can see with his eyes what all this stuff is about.....if i can , i know he can......emini daytrading only.....may i be the team waterboy? LOL......:cool:

#2725     May 22, 2006
  6. I have no hard feelings.

The only thing I can refer you to is Spydertrader's Hershey's Equities Thread.

If futures interests you, then do a search for "dawg". He posted charts etc. detailing his trades on the ES.

So, while I respect the fact that you have backtested the results for Jack Hershey the results of these threads speak clearly.

Again, there must be motive for your following this one particular individual. He charges nothing. I simply do not understand how anyone here is being "bilked", especially in the glaring light that his critics have nothing to offer.

For now, I will assume that you are interested in his body of work and are simply having difficulty with the transference.

Again, I will assist you if you have any questions. Keep in mind that this is a trading thread that is widely read, and the moderators will not tolerate any degradation of the content.

Best Regards
    Oddi

#2726     May 22, 2006
  7. Jack's been baiting his followers with vaporware for at least six years:here

While googling for this, I found another post where someone reported that Jack finished dead last out of 14 participants in a trading contest, with -23.8% Interesting reading LOL... take a look

#2727     May 22, 2006
  8. oddi........please.....no degradation? LOL.....but for that these forums wouldn't hold up for long.........fact of life......

#2728     May 22, 2006
  9. This thread has run its course... Start a new one and keep the attacks and OT stuff out of it.

#2729     May 22, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.