Question for Grob/Hershey

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Stalker, Aug 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. There are some who are rewarded simply by seeing someone grow. I support and at times impose the growth aspect of my siblings (2 in college, and 1 going into college). They know I am on their a$$ and I front the tuition bill as obligatory incentive. It is because I can see the bigger picture before them, thus I put an effort to be on their a$$ such as to keep their focus growing towards the unexperienced big picture and potential that they will in fact tap into. The path for them is straight forward from my perspective but unknown to them since they are as yet to experience the "light" at the end of the tunnel. It is very easy for them to get sidetracked along the way and at any point. Some people fall outside of the larger ET mold. Consider the possibility of a having a dozen or more skilled, knowledgeable, and experienced persons in ET working together to do a killer ET community service job. It would be the Dream Team equivalent. Perhaps this is too big a picture and just a Dream... Much of ET is largely interested in the smallest of statistical advantages. The Dream Team is interested in championships. Second place wasn't good enough... go figure... back to running the drills...

Regards,
    MAK

#51     Aug 28, 2005
  2. Ireland

Ireland

People

without question we have a superb opportunity on our hands right now to collate in one thread the expertise Jack has kindly put forward so far. Having charts to add clarity is simply excellent.

txuk, easyrider and Mak' are very much in sync with with the potential this opportunity provides - there are many of us who have searched/waited for this.

Makosgu's 'dream team service' comment is exactly right - this can be the mother of all great threads. Let's make it detractor proof in advance so when the nay saying clowns do show up to bash and rant as they do, let's simply ignore them.

Makosgu, your 71 remnant bars would imo be very useful either as a zip file or whatever is convenient.

Stalker thanks for starting the thread - don't worry about people being helpful - such kindness is in fact a natural human tendency - it is the occasional maggot in the crowd that dulls this innate quality and makes us cynical when it emerges.

Irl

#52     Aug 28, 2005
  3. txuk

txuk

EdgeHunter, thanks for the advice but I am a big believer in process. If I start making deviations from the plan on day1 then that puts me psychologically in a bad spot down the road if I'm unsuccessful... sticking with the process gives peace of mind.

txuk

#53     Aug 28, 2005
  4. I agree. Replying to these types of posts only puts fuel on the fire. We can also hit the complain button at offtopic and derogatory posts and hopefully the moderator will help keep this thread on track.

#54     Aug 28, 2005
  5. Hi txuk, how did what i suggested deviate from the plan...

:)

cj...

If You Have The Vision We Have The Code

#55     Aug 28, 2005
  6. txuk

txuk

The plan is chart and trade ES... SPY may be 99% correlated but I don't know enough about the nuances of either one to consider whether they are interchangable in Jack's plan.

Your advice seems sound and I do appreciate it, but I intend to follow the plan verbatim and see where that takes me...

#56     Aug 28, 2005
  7. This is an overall catchup post.

Thanks to all for working on this.

Stalker, you have made a good posting effort as a beginning to think about things and get an orientation to making money. What and how you pose things is a demo on how rational and uncluttered a consideration for making an effort can be.

Your computer and software support is very poor and you deduced that. The initial charts make for a good beginning in terms of assessing our mutual starting point. I appreciate your response.

There is something to be said for how difficult it is for a just married couple to figure out to have breakfast at the beginning. So many newly routine things have to come under control to get ready to begin.

We here, reassessed the near term use of our time. Our realization and overview here is that after a lot of starts, I will be able to complete my goals using the extent of opportunities available to get both the Equities and SCT trading done in a multi media combination manner for a pair of paradigms having great ovrlap. Spyder is an example of tranference in equities and a companion using C language for the mechanical version has been around for a while; it contains an equity curve of real trades as well. I have been picking off ancillary topics for years and I will get them packaged and integrated. The IBD monthly will be a place for redoing a lot of topical stuff. We here will package and grind it out in electornic packages. Since people have started to join the Tucson local from all over, we will just pass it forward to everyone. I am financing that group.

I am going to go for SCT here as well. Synthesis, as sparked by stalker, et al, will be the modus. To handle the pace, as well as possible I am going to do all that is necessary to "build growth" primarily. No stones unturned, BUT it is to be understood that I will be working as hard as you do and vice versa. The vice versa is how the pace will be set. I do not want to leave anyone in the dust.

Serendipity is striking as you can imagine. My brain person is a Swedish native who commutes here and another common interest is we share is "engineering" medical solutions to health opportunities. Stalker will become one of her studies on brain stuff...lol.

There is always a component in this stuff that tends to take time to deal with. I wish to not have to deal with side trips for a while.

There are many ways to trade. This stuff can be used to enhance other methods. And we need to recognize that going down the road of synthesis is just that. I am going to put a lot of pieces on the table. I want to put a lot of pieces together into a whole. If possible, lets just follow a critical path on that which is based upon things being introduced and then tempered by using them and iterativiely refining the fit.

As peers we all will bring into the picture our talents and skills and viewpoints. Operating in the paradigm will be what is going on. We will see skillful use of all of the stuff that makes up the whole. This gets us a depth of understanding.

Until we get SCT on the table thoroughly and completely, my primary goal is to get it on the table from the viewpoint of utility and transference. I want to support tranfer and have you operate. That is why you do not see me participating in the spyder jounal because there was a transfer and now it is operating and going through iterative continual refinement.

So I am going to support the work going on and as others want, they to can work with getting SCT tranferred into their environment.

I feel that the best trading is a consequence of a person growing internally the knowledge, skills and experience needed to get the job done.

I am convinced that a human being has striking and great potential. And a peron should be very well versed in how he works internally.

With respect to the credit card thing. We all are making an investment of time which is more important than investing money. This investment has a pay off because you grow. Then what you have is something that is exportable to others. You pass it forward. Things get better. That is the drift of what is going on.

We here pass things forward to Liz's employees, to the client base, to the community, to contracted companies. We grow unique paradigms that solve problems and create capital pools while dong it.

So there are a lot of leftovers from equities, SCT and creating buiness paradigms. I work with seven departments at my alma mater to seed stuff of their chosing and I have zero identity in the process. More about this later, maybe. You have or will have things to do too.

In summary, this isn't teaching on my part; I am mostly supporting the learning process that involves knowledge , skills acquisition and gaining experience. Here we decided to can a lot of this stuff and equities as a backup; that was mentioned above.
    It is the process that a person goes through that makes it work and be transferred. you will see that I recommend repitition; that is because it is non linear. Once ie once; twice is five times once. we need to build parallel threads in our brains. we need these to "bundle" overnite. You need to experience your acquity taking off as your mind picks critical paths to get faster more skillful results. This will be a process that forwards that.

thanks for participating.

#57     Aug 28, 2005
  8. txuk

txuk

from other threads...

Just trying to put the pieces together... where the current and normal offsets come from?

#58     Aug 28, 2005
  9. Stalker

Stalker

Hey,
    the creditcard thing was just a joke, or - let´s say I am surprised that people here are so helpfull. You might expect most traders to be selfish. Anyway, constantly learning from this forum.

Edgehunter - when it comes to papertrading vs real money I think it depends on if u feel that you have a well defined strategy that you believe in. In the beginning, I think it´s very valuable to just papertrade and studying how the market behaves.
    I´ve tried real money for two days earlier this summer. First day I was a bit nervous, second day I was calm as Siddharta. But one thing became clear - I didn´t know what I was doing. Until I can give several good reasons for every action I take I see no reason to trade real money. I´m just not ready for it...

many thanks to everyone,
    /Stalker

#59     Aug 28, 2005
  10. Stalker

Stalker

Two things I´ve been thinking about -

how to interpret volume? Seems to me that sometimes Ym can travel 50p up or down on low volume, sometimes a small move is made on high volume. I understand it´s important, but I just don´t know what to look for.

Another thing, asked this before, but didn´t really get an answer i think - if we have a market that are chopping a lot it´s difficult to make any money entering on the forth bar in a channel on a 5-min. chart. Should I switch to 2 min and take my signals from channels there? Probably missing something as usual...
    Mak or grob?

Anyway, I´ll be staring at the screen from around 9.00 am NYT...
    /Stalker

#60     Aug 29, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.