Question for Grob/Hershey

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Stalker, Aug 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stalker

Stalker

Something weird going on - every time i post a new screenshot, one of the previous one´s are gone from the thread... i try again

#41     Aug 28, 2005
  2. Stalker

Stalker

Good, here they are, hope you can make something out of it Jack. time to hit the showers...
    /Stalker

#42     Aug 28, 2005
  3. Stalker

Stalker

One last comment - the lines are not always exactly parallell, i had some problems drawing them, they were sort of "jumping", gotta figure out how to draw them better.

#43     Aug 28, 2005
  4. I have been waiting for this thread for quite awhile. Tying it all together with a great big bow and its not even Christmas yet.:)

p.s. Jack the Drawing book arrived yesterday. Will post the exercise shortly.

#44     Aug 28, 2005
  5. I will post my squeeze and stretch values but I dont have much confidence in them which is why I wanted to compare. As a review, I think of the neutral value as the fair value of INDU vs. YM. Is this correct? Squeeze and stretch are the extremes and act like a rubber band exerting pressure back towards neutral. However I have done a lot of comparisons overlaying these values on a price chart and have not been able to see any correspondence which is why I think I am not getting it right.

#45     Aug 28, 2005
  6. Thx Stalker. From your posted chart, a level of clarity is being obtained about what you had processed and what needs to be adjusted if any (ie. getting the drill down). In the last post, I mentioned how the path can built beginning without having any knowledge or skill. Grob is filling you in incrementally with the necessary knowledge and skill. As a result, the picture resolution will correspondingly become more vivid.

I have all 81 bars laid out for friday and can sequentially post with 81 posts the following 77 bars (1 post at a time) that followed, if Grob finds it to be supportive (Y/N?).

Kindest Regards,
    MAK

#46     Aug 28, 2005
  7. Jack as per your request:

Was not sure whether to post it as drawn or right side up so I elected the latter.

Everyone else PLEASE ignore.

#47     Aug 28, 2005
  8. Stalker

Stalker

Hey Mak, thanks for being willing to help out. I would really appreciate to see those charts. It was a bit difficult drawing the lines pretending that I couldn´t see the future. if you´re willing to put up the effort I think it would make things clearer to see how the channels progress step by step. Post as many as you got time for.

/Stalker

*why are everybody being so helpful here? when are they gonna ask for my creditcard number?* :)

#48     Aug 28, 2005
  9. Yo txuk et al... Yup, learning trading is definitely trial by error and paper trading is next to worthless since the raw deep pyschological emotions don't surface while paper trading but you might consider trading the Spyders - 25 shares a pop at the start if you have an account larger than $25,000 so you can avoid the pattern day trader rule...

The SPY is 99% correlated with the sp500 and ES market so if you can do your trial and error with that market with only a very few shares to start and finally get to a place where you are making consistent profit on 25 spy shares then you can up it to 100 shares, then 250 shares - then 1 es contract - then 3es, 6es, 10es etc...

Since the SPY shares are 99% correlated to the ES and arbed to stay that way - if you want to learn and prove stuff to your self why not be frugal and wise about it...

a graduated road is the best route to trade mastery...

a bad day in the ES and you can easily lose $300 dollars or more... at 25 spys you would lose $12 dollars since it is a 20 to 1 ratio... (1/20 of one es contract at that many shares)... and it would be the exact same loss but quite a bit less hit to your account...

the exact same trend and pattern structures are there in the spy just like in the ES and you can draw the exact same Grobby channels in the same places exactly the same way...

cj...

:)

If You Have The Vision We Have The Code

#49     Aug 28, 2005
  10. Rereading the posts I see I missed this. Friday stretch 9. neutral 5, squeeze 2 approximately.

#50     Aug 28, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.