Question for Grob/Hershey

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Stalker, Aug 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Some considerations... Grob is the type of person that can build things from zero and start from any point and work to process and build things forward. Additionally, he is also skilled enough to do the demolition work that is required in much of ET which IMO, is alot more difficult since the ghost images in the mind and body are the ones that need to also be destroyed. You may in fact encounter more overload by being distracted and "catching up" so to speak. For someone who can cause nearly a 2 sigma shift in test scores, knows more than a thing or two about teaching and being effective in achieving results, the off the chart results is the realm Grob currently operates in.

Simply, take a ride. The flow is at your pace so there is no need to "catch up" as you see it. Although, it is understandable to want to try things on your own, it is more advantageous to work with a level excellence that is also on the table. There is a very strong reason for this and it is simply to remove the guess work and doing what is required, when it is required. Why not play a round of Golf having had a couple of adjustments by a highly skilled Golfer. As in any sport, it is easy to spot the highly skilled athletes since they are effective in producing the desired results and experience championships. What is the trading equivalent of a championship? The answer is broad. Evidently, any knowledge base can be built from have a lack of a knowledge base and what is currently required to build a path to excellence can start without having any knowledge, any skill, and any experience.

You will find that there is tremendous amount of material available for processing. The activity that is being requested does not require that you have any set of items in place but rather focuses on where you are now and then builds from that point forward. What is critical is to simply not get distracted. Oddly, perhaps, not so oddly enough, "FOCUS" is my strongest strength, followed by "ACHIEVER", "DELIBERATIVE", "INTELLECTION", and then "LEARNER". Grob may have a personal chuckle about me on distractions. Yes Grob, as a result, I have put tremendous effort to always (across all endeavors) be "FOCUS"ed accordingly and appropriately without distractions.

For the task at hand and much like golf, a "FOCUS"ed effort is required. There are a number of persons here strongly supporting the process being put before you. There is a reason that the items that are being put on the table before you have been suggested and much like a "flawless" lens, your FOCUS is being properly adjusted. At each level, the resolution will be adjusted once the picture is clear.

So you are new to ET. There is no need to worry about what is right or wrong but more importantly what is required to get the job done....

Kindest Regards
    MAK!
    :cool:

#31     Aug 28, 2005
  2. txuk

txuk

Stalker, many thanks for starting this thread... it couldn't be more timely for me as a newbie wanting to build a solid foundation. Everything Jack is teaching here is new to me too so I can relate to feeling overload... but now that things are in motion lets just roll with it. Lets get on with making our mistakes and learn from them... I'm going to start trading ES on Monday... I've got a lot of charting and learning to do in a day! I'll help with whatever you need, just let me know... drop me a PM or email, I'm going to crash for a few hours.

Lets make all the mistakes possible in the shortest possible time. -Grob109

Jack, thanks for taking on this thread... I've read enough posts at ET to develop a strong belief in you and your ideas... learning in real time vs old posts is optimal.

cheers,
    txuk

#32     Aug 28, 2005
  3. txuk

txuk

Thanks for the encouragement Mak, great post!

#33     Aug 28, 2005
  4. ES...

Look at all that space to the right... L:cool::cool:K!

Here's Fridays ES chart focusing "only" on the current posts. Which example is seen in play...

Kindest Regards,
    MAK!

#34     Aug 28, 2005
  5. Bar 3...

#35     Aug 28, 2005
  6. Bar 4...

Alas we are 4 bars in. Note the annotation update that was required....

Using golf terms, bar 4 saved you 1 stroke; (ie. earned you at least 1 point assuming sloppiness). 4 bars in and you are 1 under on the day already on the first hole.

Kindest Regards,
    MAK

#36     Aug 28, 2005
  7. Stalker

Stalker

Okey, I give it a shot. I only have around 3-4 hours a day doing this because of work and other obligations, so I can only follow the am session live, but I´m gonna put as much effort in to this as I possibly can.
    I am not good at painting and drawing. I remember my teacher in highschool showing one of my paintings to the rest of the class just so they could have a good laugh.
    Prepare for the worst....

I´ve tried to draw channels on ym - 2, 5, 15 and 60-minute chart. My current program really sucks, but i wanted to learn the basics with a cheap one, gonna buy a better one soon.
    Now i just gonna have to figure out how to post them, i have absolutely no idea how to do it...

PS. Nice that you are joining us txuk! DS.

#37     Aug 28, 2005
  8. Stalker

Stalker

Okey, let´s see if this is working....

#38     Aug 28, 2005
  9. Stalker

Stalker

here´s the rest

#39     Aug 28, 2005
  10. Stalker

Stalker

#40     Aug 28, 2005