Question for FFasttrade Users

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by trendy, Jul 30, 2003.

1. trendy

trendy

I am a FFasttrade user, and I have recently begun noticing that on occasion when I either try to buy or sell at the inside bid/offer, and I click a price nothing happens. I don't get filled, nor is my order placed in line for execution. It's as if the whole transaction never took place. Now, if I click the price a second time. I have always either been filled or placed in line for execution. I'm using a cable modem, so bandwidth shouldn't be the cause. Has this happened to other FFasttrade users?

2. trendy

trendy

:confused:

3. Aaron

Aaron

Nope, no problems here. Are you using the Citrix client system? That's what I use.

4. trendy

trendy

Yes, Aaron. I'm using the Citrix system. I've been using FFasttrade for several months, and I like the platform, but recently I have been experiencing this phenomenon. I've had it happen on two different computers on different cable systems on different days. Strange.

5. I used to use Ffastfill- On a few occasions I put orders in and nothing happened, I unfortunately made the mistake of thinking I didn't hit the key and triplicated my order. Not a good thing! It did cost me money. I liked Ffastfill, but ultimately that particular problem caused me to leave them.

6. I think contacting FFastTrade directly may be a better idea than posting this question on ET. Just my $0.02

-FastTrader

7. Where is Risk Less when you need him?

8. Did anybody ever hear about an API at FfastTrade?
    Better, did anybody ever use one?

I would be glad to hear about it.

9. Aaron

Aaron

Riskless is no longer with FFastTrade. If I recall correctly, he is now with the institutional brokerage division of O'Connor.

FFastTrade has plans for an API but none is currently offered.

10. As you work on their machines via citrix, I doubt
    they offer such a thing. It does not fit into such a platform /
    construction.

#10     Aug 18, 2003