Question for Experienced Traders

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Bullrob, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Bullrob

Bullrob

Hey guys, first time I've ever posted on Elitetrader. Been reading the forums for a long time now though.

I've been a prop trader for about 3 years now. Have been profitable every month I've been in the business. I've been with the same firm for the whole time. Was wondering if there are any better deals out there for me.

A little about me:

Only trade NYSE stocks.
    1.5 - 2 million shares a month consistently. Drops to about a million during the summer.
    I have to pay for the nyse feed and openbook. Also my esignal package. (around $260 a month)
    I pay .002 per share.
    I trade at a CBOE firm.

I definitely do not want to trade at a canadian firm, they don't seem to have a real feed to the NYSE. Market on close prints are more than 50% of my volume.

Thanks and any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Rob

2. Bullrob

Bullrob

Anyone? Really curious what packages some other people are getting. Thnnks.

3. With your volume you can find firms that charge $1 per thousand, the other fees are normal. I would just tell the firm you want $1 per thousand or you will leave.

4. EricP

EricP

I think you've got a pretty decent rate now for your volume level. If you could get it dropped to 0.001 or 0.0015, then all the better for you. It's always a good idea to ask and look around. (not necessarily in that order)