Question for ES Traders

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by EMini-Player, Oct 17, 2003.

1. Hawker

Hawker

Thx for asking. What I meant is that the YM is not a lead indicator itself in the Index Futures. If you watch closely the small swings in the YM you'll see what I'm saying about randomness. It doesn't emulates the ES nor the Dow. The reason I think this happens is because the YM is heavily traded for individual traders and newbies since the tick value is only $5 and the ES and NQ are the place for bigger guys .But that is only my opinion. I'm not dictating financial markets classes. :)

#31     Oct 17, 2003
  2. Hawker

Hawker

I agree with all these statements. That's the way I look at it too . Your post illustrate well the ideas in my posts .

#32     Oct 17, 2003
  3. Thanks for all the posts guys. Next week is "expirement-week" for me. On Monday, I will trade ES watching ES only. On Tueday or Wednesday, I plan on trading NQ only. You'll see the results in my Journal.

Thanks, and if anyone has any other thoughts or comments, please post on.

-Fast

#33     Oct 17, 2003
  4. Hawker, a side question; what kind of stops are you using on YM? I tried trading the YM but it moved around "randomly" a bit too much and I was getting stopped out of a lot of good trades. How do you handle the random noise in YM?

-Fast

#34     Oct 17, 2003
  5. T-REX

T-REX

Hey dude.

This is a good one.

The NQ is usually the "TREND" leader in the bunch!

the "SPOO" is the "Love Child" of the Nasty(NQ) & the Big D (Dow).NOTE: these are pet names we brokers used to call them.
    The Nasty Nasdaq got its name because of its WILD 200 pt average daily ranges back in the late 1990's!

Anyway. If you look at a chart (anychart) between the 3 they are "identical"! I know that I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know. Your no rookie!

Here is what I believe you are looking for? (you just want some confirmation because you already know the answer you are looking for). The Nasty leads the bunch and confirms the moves.
    If the "D" breaks out lets say by 40 pts and the "SPOO" is up lets say 6pts but the Nasty is only up lets say 2 pts or even down 4 pts then something is very "FISHY" about this particular rally.

Bottom line: There can be no real rally without the "NASTY".
    Bottom line: There can be no real sell off without the "NASTY".

:D :D :D

#35     Oct 17, 2003
  6. Thanks DUDE!

Btw, how's your "workout" goin? We're all waiting for you in "the room" :D

-Fast

#36     Oct 17, 2003
  7. T-REX

T-REX

p.s.

The "CASH" leads the FUTURES which leads the Day Session activity in the 1st hour of trading.

I remember back when I was a broker I would sit in the morning and watch the SPX / NDX / Dow turn green. when that happend I new that we would move up in the Futures.

This is a great addition to any daytrade system.

pull up the SPY/Dow Jones/ QQQ or COMP.

pull up the ES / NQ / DJ futures.

watch when the "CASH" comes in or leaves out and trade the futures accordingly.

Think Im joking? Just try it on Monday and see what happens.
    You will fall back in your chair from laughter.:D

:eek: :eek: :eek:

#37     Oct 17, 2003
  8. T-REX

T-REX

trust me I'm on my way. Im working out my abs right now but I plan to meet you there in about 60 days.

p.s what is "BTW"????:confused: :confused: :confused:

#38     Oct 17, 2003
  9. By The Way

-Fast

#39     Oct 17, 2003
  10. T-REX....check your PM buddy :)

-Fast

#40     Oct 17, 2003