Question for def (IB)

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by 8hcap, Dec 2, 2002.

1. 8hcap

8hcap

Is there a way to track real time daytrading buying power in account during the course of the day? I have not been able to find it in the "account" window.

It would be useful to know how much available buying power remains at any time during the course of the trading day.

Thanks

2. 8hcap

8hcap

Can anyone else using IB answer this? Do I have the ability to view buying power realtime during the course of a trading day?

Thank you.

3. def

def Sponsor

Depends on your definition of buying power. The account information window shows enough data where it is readily available.

4. 8hcap

8hcap

Suggestion for IB. If all the data is there, why can't you add a field for margin and daytrading power. Scottrade is one broker that does this.

Just makes it easier on the trader not to have to work with a caclulator to figure it out.

5. shneed

shneed

DEF,
    Does TMBR still execute trades on NYSE stocks, or has that been turned off?

Thanks
    shneed

6. It seemed like it was turned off earlier this morning. But I started getting TMBR listed fills at about 10:10 am est.

7. def

def Sponsor

Not sure if it was turned off for the open but I can see that there were a large number of trades executed via the TMBR route yesterday (the 3rd).

8. alanm

alanm

The problem is that "daytrade buying power" depends on exactly what you are trading, the time of day, etc. If they had a field that was called "DTBP" that showed 4xEMV, it raises the prospect of complaints from people that get liquidated at 15:50 because of the 50% overnight rule, people that try to buy that much of a 100% margin requirement (i.e. "non-marginable") stock, etc.

Of course, they could just put a field called "4xEMV" on the screen.