Question for Canadian Traders

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Sam Mcgee, Nov 24, 2003.

1. I want to be able to make a simple daily chart of some stocks from the TSX. All I need is to plot two moving averages, one shifted up by a few cents and the other shifted down a few cents or basically some kind of a moving average envelope.

I've been able to download Yahoo daily data for Canadian stocks, save it as a CSV file, then go through a lot of steps to convert it to something that Tradestation can read but there must be an easier way.

I can do this with some online charts for American stocks such as PCQuote.com but I haven't found anything yet that works with Canadian stocks.

Does anyone have a suggestion for something I could try?

2. lescor

lescor

stockcharts.com supports canadian markets

3. esignal supports Canadian stocks

4. rodden

rodden

stockscores.com

Check out some of those penny golds charts. e.g. T.BDY, T.QRL, T.JON . All good examples of easy-to-read-charts but all too pricey here. V.BZA ( "V" for TSX Venture ) has a good chart; they recently found gold in Arizona and got $11,000,000.00 financing. These things are all dangerous but, as you can see, they can also pay off big.

DON'T take any broker's advice on pennies. Just do your own charts and get info from Kitco.com .

So that's my 2 cents worth. (couldn't resist)

5. as mentionned, esignal work fine with Cdn stocks, just use adv. charting and their java scripting language for to do your job, you should be able to do a lot of job. On eSignal forum you can obtain support for that.

6. paradox

paradox

Frankly, Esignal is expensive overkill for your needs.

A program like Amibroker can automatically download, import and chart Yahoo EOD data.