Question for AHG Traders

Discussion in 'Trading' started by vingbel, Sep 5, 2008.

1. How many points do you avg per day (es)?

#11     Sep 5, 2008
  2. Depends on ATR and volatility I say, anywhere between -10 and 50

Anek

#12     Sep 5, 2008
  3. so basically its all over the place is what you're saying. I guess you could calculate an avg but it wouldn't mean much because the dispersion is so wide I take it.

#13     Sep 5, 2008
  4. Ya, if the PA cant' pick a side with conviction it usually reflects in my PL and it shows I could not tell my head from my ass, if the swings and reversals are nicely structured I probably took a big chunk of it, if I had to take a wild guess I would say it's safe to say high single digits.

Anek

#14     Sep 5, 2008
  5. awesome, well hopefully I can live your trading life some day.

Continued success,

cheers.

#15     Sep 5, 2008
  6. shakira

shakira

Have you found any obstacles, aside of personal psichology, to steadily increase size?.

I'm told that slippage (market or stop entry) and/or partial fills (limit or stoplimit entry) start occurring at around 80-100 lots in ES. Basically one starts to get filled well when wrong, and light when right.

A nice problem to have one day I hope, but a definite ceiling on growth?.

#16     Sep 6, 2008
  7. The key is to treat the positions as units and earn the right to increase the size of units SLOWLY based on past performance. You grow in trading by increasing size, not by increasing net points so this is imperative for continuous growth.

I found some slippage problems on NQ that's when I had no choice but to go back to ES. ES is a monster, it eats contracts like Godzilla. Unfortunately, I can read volume in NQ easier than ES but that's the price I had to pay.

I rarely begin a position with big size as I like to start small and let the market confirm that I'm betting on the right side of the market, by the time size has increased to significant numbers, I'm already well on the money, and any stop would have the cushion of a winning trade.

Anek

#17     Sep 6, 2008
  8. Tums

Tums

Volume Bar Chart is Price Action with an eye on the Volume. It is not pure Price Action. You are using Volume, just not in the traditional histogram format, that's all.

#18     Sep 6, 2008
  9. ggoyal

ggoyal

Anek,

there is an AHG 2 and AHG 3? I have read about 520 pages of AHG 1 and will be finishing it in a week or so. But now it seems like there will still be something missing since I will not have access to part 2 and 3and is kind of discouraging. why did you say access denied to 2(except susana's post) and 3?

even if i implement AHG 1, I will never be able to improve AHG. I want to read or be a part of 2 and 3. I am fully dedicated and I want to improve.

#19     Sep 6, 2008
  10. ggoyal

ggoyal

another thing. so as i read AHG from now on, if people are no longer follwing the "obsolete" version, that almost makes what I have read so far a waste since I can not see or be a part of 2 and 3. I know the basics of PA will be the same, but it's just kindof discouraging.

I really want to be a part of 3(and 2)

#20     Sep 6, 2008