[QUESTION] - Backtesting Advice For a Beginner With No Coding Experience

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Tall Mike, Jun 26, 2020.

1. You just ruined this thread

#41     Jun 27, 2020
  2. Tradex

Tradex

I simply replied to a question and suddenly this thread is "ruined"?
    Are you for real??

#42     Jun 27, 2020
    themickey likes this.
  3. How about Tradestation for backtesting?

#43     Jun 27, 2020
  4. Tradex

Tradex

TradeStation is excellent, but you need to open a trading account with them, otherwise you will have to pay about $100 a month to use the software ($200/month if you are a professional trader).

#44     Jun 27, 2020
  5. Tradex

Tradex

I can't remember their names, but I read that in a few books a long time ago. I am not sure but I believe it was in Perry Kaufman books (Trading Systems and Methods, perhaps).

These statistical tests are not for the casual trader and do require some advanced mathematical knowledge.

#45     Jun 27, 2020
  6. It's free , with $500 account opening. if you don't trade, you just pay $50 inactivity fee end of year

#46     Jun 27, 2020
    Tall Mike likes this.
  7. Is it a good platform, do you use it for backtesting?

#47     Jun 27, 2020
  8. Not yet for back-testing, i use Radarscreen and scanner ,,, This tools are different than most in the market.
    Testing simple ideas would be be easy (without money management), but still i'm learning easy-language and the platform, as i was with interactive brokers before, so can't say much.
    Nice thing you can just copy and past results from Radarscreen and scanner into Microsoft excel and analyze them, without having to export them. And it has a lot of advance order entry types and settings, you can also create orders macro and hotkeys

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
    #48     Jun 27, 2020
  9. Oh, that's your reference for statistical, mathematical, and analytic skills?

Explains everything.

#49     Jun 27, 2020
  10. Overnight

Overnight

C'Mon Blue, give him the deeper meaning and mystery of how 7+1=10? Hit'em in the hine!

#50     Jun 27, 2020