[QUESTION] - Backtesting Advice For a Beginner With No Coding Experience

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Tall Mike, Jun 26, 2020.

1. The magical "data scientist in a box" software. It contains instructions on how to catch a data scientist and put him in a box, and only feed him when he gives you good answers to your questions.

Of course, you also have to catch another data scientist to evaluate the first one's answers, and put him in another box...

(Be warned, though: the food bill gets really high after a while.)

#31     Jun 27, 2020
    themickey likes this.
  2. Tradex

Tradex

Hmmm....you my friend have some hidden (but grotesquely obvious) commercial agenda...

You can fool less informed traders but not me.

Nice try, though.

Generally speaking, there are software that can test the validity of your trading results through various stress tests, and see if your system has a real mathematical edge or if you are just kidding yourself.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
    #32     Jun 27, 2020
  3. Hahahaha! OMG... why am I surprised that a paranoid continues to be paranoid?

You're right: I'm OBVIOUSLY in the pay of the mysterious broker cabal - here to stop you from exposing the truth to the world. Wanna tell us all about the evil vaccine conspiracy as well, and throw in some Area 51 pics? We're all on the edge of our seats... is the US gov still keeping those Venusians in the bunkers under the desert, or have they been moved to the blacked-out Mauna Loa facility?

[​IMG]

#33     Jun 27, 2020
    Overnight likes this.
  4. themickey

themickey

LOL :)

#34     Jun 27, 2020
  5. Tradex

Tradex

The truth does not need Tradex or anybody, and it is impossible to hide it forever.

#35     Jun 27, 2020
  6. My, my. Now come the deep-sounding but meaningless faux philosophical pronouncements.

I would suggest discovering The Truth of 1+1=2, or perhaps "for all x: x = x", or maybe even - this might take you years of study - the deep mystery of the sigma. They have indeed been hidden from you until now... and I have the strangest feeling that they will continue to be.

#36     Jun 27, 2020
  7. Tradex

Tradex

"Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free"
    (John 8:32)

#37     Jun 27, 2020
  8. Nakesha

Nakesha

Please write the software you know able to do that.

#38     Jun 27, 2020
    BlueWaterSailor likes this.
  9. Tradex

Tradex

??

You want me to write Windows 11 too?

#39     Jun 27, 2020
  10. Nakesha

Nakesha

If it's true that you know those applications - your words: "test the validity of your trading results through various stress tests, and see if your system has a real mathematical edge or if you are just kidding yourself." - why can't you just name one or two?

#40     Jun 27, 2020
    BlueWaterSailor likes this.