Question about which screener to use for focusing on price action/ day trading

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by dragontamer, May 29, 2012.

1. Hello, would love some help picking the right stock screener.

I've been following daytrading for a bit now, and started doing some paper trading with some success (fake success yay!)

A big road block for me though has been finding a good screener to test some of the things I want to try. I've paid for a few monthly subscriptions to different screeners now, and none will give me what I need.

Would any kindly trader be able to suggest a good screener that can show me stocks that are quickly falling or rising? For example if a stock went up or down by 0.5% over the last 30 seconds, I'd like the screener to show it. And then I could take a deeper look at a list of stocks that are currently moving quickly up or down.

Appreciate any advice!

2. stocktables.com

3. Aok

Aok

trade-ideas.com is a reasonably priced choice.

4. I would go with Trade-Ideas as well for this purpose.

Don

5. Hi Jack, thanks for the suggestion, but this tool doesn't appear to have what I need. Appreciate the suggestion though.

6. Hi Aok, thanks so much! I've been looking over the demo version for the last hour or so and I think it is going to give me what I want! I'm excited, and will try to get deep into it tomorrow with the demo version.

Now I just need to figure out how to run the search to show me the current spiking stocks :)

7. Thanks for the suggestion, I am going to give this one a try