Question about when to Trade Eur/USD

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Robertwiz, Jun 9, 2011.

1. siki13

siki13

Hmm i had 62 pip (actually i hit close on 50 mark but positive slippage gave me additional 12 pips :) ) of profit there,but i am lucky my working timeframe made a setup there.

#11     Jun 30, 2011
  2. bstay

bstay

Again, helped by Greek news .....
    [​IMG]

#12     Jun 30, 2011
  3. cornix

cornix

I trade it most actively between 6 and 10AM UTC, but US session also has good swings.

Asian session is usually not worth trading, unless something happening that causes an exceptional volatility.

#13     Jun 30, 2011
  4. Trading that on a 10k lot...sure. But with 20 wide (if not worse at times), no real trader was actually trading that....nor should they. Considering performance dictates compensation which dictates livelihood...no one is going to risk their hard-earned cash with guesswork.

#14     Jul 1, 2011
  5. siki13

siki13

:D
    No, my signal occurred before the huge 30 sec drop (no way i would trade that) so i was in position little before it happened.
    Trade like any other just this time it got there faster :D

#15     Jul 1, 2011
  6. You are asking the wrong question. The true question is, what resolution should your charts be?

#16     Jul 1, 2011
  7. bstay

bstay

you guys are talking about trading the news event right? whether your chart timeframe interval or broker spreads or your setup timing allowed you to score on this "sudden" move .....

[​IMG]

#17     Jul 1, 2011
  8. tim888

tim888

The best period to trade eurusd is to go long when it is rising and to go short when it is falling. It is simple. So few people realize how simple it is.

#18     Jul 1, 2011
  9. bstay

bstay

LOL! with this, i'm unsubscribed to this thread ......

#19     Jul 1, 2011