Question about unemployment RATE

Discussion in 'Economics' started by S2007S, Dec 2, 2010.

1. The BLS does a very good job.
    Those who read the stats they put out? Not nearly as good, in most cases.
    If I had a nickel for every time some uninformed yap complained about how the employment numbers are calculated, well, Warren Buffett would have nothing on me.
    Every problem someone comes up with has been addressed, by some number or other that the BLS puts out. It's not their fault that people decide to focus only on the rate, or the establishment payrolls (Wall St's obsession) or whatever. All the numbers you want are there, pretty much, and each serves a purpose.

#11     Dec 3, 2010
  2. the1

the1

Nah, he's only 5.67 posts per day. He's got some catch'n up to do. I like what S2007S posts though. He reminds me a bit of BuyLoSellHi. I really miss that dude.

#12     Dec 3, 2010
  3. Thank you.

#13     Dec 4, 2010
  4. Bob111

Bob111

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101206/ap_on_bi_ge/us_tax_cuts

#14     Dec 5, 2010
  5. President Barack Obama's demand that Congress extend unemployment insurance for a year.
    -----------------

If we can keep people on UE till they collect SS....

#15     Dec 5, 2010

6. trav, this was explained elsewhere already .... repeating myself as I usually do for the dummies :)

My post count might hit 10k - this is OK for newbies here to learn. Defo not OK for "experienced traders" like yourself and the thousands of others who've made this home.

The important point here is "do I leave permanently after I've gotten "it"?" ... if I continue to stay, then and only then does it confirm me as a total loser. Important to note though is that ALL newbies are by definition, losers and convert to winners when they leave successfully.

Its so fckin simple, just shocking that nobody gets it.

:)

#16     Dec 5, 2010

7. President Barack Obama is so disgusted with the complaining whites - the same idiots that gorged on credit for decades like there was no tomorrow, living on money they never had, could never have, yet consuming like it would never end - now the same idiots want the punishment to be replaced by more of the "good times" so the piper never gets paid.

350 million fckin rotters. China should just make this whole fckin place a state. :D :D :D

#17     Dec 5, 2010