Question about unemployment RATE

Discussion in 'Economics' started by S2007S, Dec 2, 2010.

1. S2007S

S2007S

Right now it sits at 9.6%, with millions losing their benefits and not filing any longer and also some who have stopped looking for work, wont the unemployment rate automatically start to drop moving forward???

I just find it amusing that some of these figures arent accounted to for as those who are unemployed for an extended period of time are not counted for in the figures.

2. Eventually, we will have a 0% unemployment rate, while 50% of the public is living in a cardboard box.

3. It should. What I would like to know from our members in Europe and elsewhere is how do their respective countries calculate the unemployment rate? Is it done like the BLS where the don't count those whom have run out of benefits, give up looking, underemployed?

4. TGregg

TGregg

You need a proctologist and a flashlight to see where those numbers come from. :)

5. Flashlight is not required because from the duodenum down to the ileum is translucence galore - can be used for house lighting if electricity gets turned off in the pisspot economy.

6. Moron! How many times have I got to point out to you, dummy ...

Idiots just don't get it and don't know where the fck to go to get it, but they got no problem coming across as gurus with their bigass post count.

http://www.shadowstats.com/

7. S2007S

S2007S

calm down, no need to get all crazy. good info.

8. the1

the1

Bajeezus, damn 2007, he's right. 7.46 posts per day. And I thought my 1.95 was bad :D

9. BLS also publishes the U6, as well as other numbers, so there's no conspiracy. You just need to seek and ye shall find. As to how this is calculated in other economies, the methodology is pretty much the same.

10. You do realize that his post count is high because he has been here 3 years longer than you, right? And I hope you realize that at the rate you are going, that if you had joined at the same time as him, your post count would be about 10,000.

#10     Dec 3, 2010