Question about Turtles

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by sikber, Jul 15, 2009.

1. Mike, to be fair, I should let you know that I'll probably get your Complete TurtleTrader book later this summer. As you know, I'm not a fan of your Trend Following book, not because I disagree with its content, but because I found it somewhat fluffy. Nevertheless, if the turtle story is fairly and fully told, it will likely be a worthwhile read. Certainly not for the trading strategy, but for the story behind the story.

Since I have been fairly critical of you, I thought it only fair to let you know. Even so, I still think you're something of a turdle. :D

#11     Jul 15, 2009

2. I read and liked both books, and would recommend both to you. It would be cool for someone to recreate the experiment but instead of looking for market savvy participants, take a group of high schoolers and make it a year long project. Teaches them and tests the theory of systematic trading.

#12     Jul 15, 2009
  3. Trend Following

Trend Following Sponsor

It is an interesting story from many angles. Numerous egos. Numerous successes. Some great people, some not so great people. Some cons. I doubt we will ever see such a trading story played out in public again.

#13     Jul 15, 2009
  4. You should recreate Experiment mike Covel. Why not? Seems like a great pr tactic and great source of info for next books etc.

#14     Jul 15, 2009
  5. I don't think Curtis faith was implicated in Amy of that nonsense. Or was he??

#15     Jul 15, 2009
  6. buylo

buylo

How the hell would this work with Covel????? They would need an actual system that makes money, from an actual guy who makes money trading.

#16     Jul 15, 2009
  7. Easy to hire. Covel will just put it together, fund and document

#17     Jul 15, 2009
  8. WHO is going to put up the dough for a live trading "experiment"?

This was done in the 80's, and talked about, written about to death.

Why don't you go read the book(s)?

#18     Jul 15, 2009
  9. Trend Following

Trend Following Sponsor

Read chapter 7, 12 and the Afterword of my book. It is all very similar to the Lenny Dykstra affair unfolding.

#19     Jul 15, 2009
  10. Fund? Mike is here to make money, and not silly enough to actually have it traded, least of all by some of the bad haircuts at this popsicle stand.

#20     Jul 15, 2009