Question about tradingview.com reverse position option

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Phillop, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Phillop

Phillop

I was just practice trading on tradingview.com and i noticed two arrows next to where my trade showed up on the chart that said reverse position. I was in a long trade that started to go down and when I pressed it, my losing long trade went to a winning short trade. Is that possible to do with an actual broker or is it only available because it is simulated trading?

2. Phillop

Phillop

Also, if it is possible, does the broker change high commissions or is there a high chance for slippage? I am planning to trade stocks.

3. Phillop

Phillop

I think I see what is going on now. When you reverse position, it sells the stocks you have on the long side putting you at a loss and then gives an equal number of shares for the short. I just noticed my balance going down when I did it again.

4. manup

manup

Phillop,
    I live in Arizona. I am trying to figure out how I can use reverse position in the live trade especially for crypto BTC scalping using position reversal where I can use the frontend as trading view. When I integrate the trading view with any trading platform that button disappear. I am wondering if you find the solution to use reverse position button in live trading. If yes, can you please provide the name of trading platform that support the feature. Thanks,